SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#190167 - 10/20/02 05:17 AM 76 keys and no speakers, best styles and sounds... should I buy a SD1?
Luis.Santos Offline

Loc: Portugal
Or a yamaha 9000?...
I just want the best styles possible and, of course, excellent sounds...
Is SD1 the right choice?...
I'm not very experienced because I only have a VA3 at the moment.

#190168 - 10/20/02 06:11 AM Re: 76 keys and no speakers, best styles and sounds... should I buy a SD1?
Wazza Offline

Loc: Sonnega, Friesland, The Nether...
I would go for the SD1.
I have played on the Ketron XD9 (The XD9 is the SD1's little brother, it sounds the same and it has a lot of styles from the SD1), And I was really impressed by its sounds & styles.
I've also played on a Yamaha PSR-2000, The PSR-2000 is a nice keyboard, but I think the XD9 sounds much better.

If you want some more demos, here's a link: http://www.mira-multimedia.de/KetronHotline/xd9demo/xd9demo.htm

These demos where taken from the XD9, not the SD1, but the SD1 sounds pretty much the same.

Good luck!!!

Greetz,
Marcel

#190169 - 10/20/02 06:17 AM Re: 76 keys and no speakers, best styles and sounds... should I buy a SD1?
Luis.Santos Offline

I guess you didn't understand... I said I'm looking for a keyboard with 76 keys and with no speakers... so XD9 isn't a choice... But thanks a lot for the help.

#190170 - 10/20/02 06:27 AM Re: 76 keys and no speakers, best styles and sounds... should I buy a SD1?
Roel Offline

Luis.Santos,

I'm sorry but I think YOU did not understand Marcel. Marcel wrote the XD9 sounds almost equal to the SD1, so the demo's sound like an SD1.
As you probably know, I'm a happy SD1 user !

kind regards,

Roel

#190171 - 10/20/02 06:35 AM Re: 76 keys and no speakers, best styles and sounds... should I buy a SD1?
Luis.Santos Offline

Ok, I understand about the XD9.
By the way, Roel, i'd like to ask you some questions about the SD1 if you have one... How do you rate it in styles like chacha, "gipsy" styles, merengue and gospel? I'm really looking for a keyboard with great styles for people to dance... to complement a female singer.

And what about brazilian styles, and brazilian acoustic styles?

Talking about the "sounds"... is the SD1 really "GOOD"?

Thanks in advance.

#190172 - 10/20/02 07:07 AM Re: 76 keys and no speakers, best styles and sounds... should I buy a SD1?
trtjazz Offline

Luis,
If you cannot go and play both, then I would at least listen to the online demos. I do quite a bit with the latin percussion sounds and my choice would be the 9000 between the two.

The other thing to consider is the availability of more sounds and styles and no doubt there are more on line resources for the Yamaha PSR boards then for any other.
Terry

[This message has been edited by trtjazz (edited 10-20-2002).]

#190173 - 10/20/02 09:40 AM Re: 76 keys and no speakers, best styles and sounds... should I buy a SD1?
eyrec Offline

Loc: UK
There are plenty of styles available for SD1 on the net, it also plays all X1 and MS i think it was called styles. I've got over 3000 for this keyboard. For Latin American stuff the SD1 rocks, great guitars, pianos, strings, brass, organs you name it and the drums are very realistic with plenty of depth to them. The Yamaha 9000 and 9000 pro -forget them, stick with the SD1. Ketron also look after their users and listen to feed back. The updates they come out with are spot on.

#190174 - 10/20/02 09:51 AM Re: 76 keys and no speakers, best styles and sounds... should I buy a SD1?
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hello Luis, I'm also a latin keyboardist and VERY happy Ketron user that had a duet with a female singer (until I move from Mexico to USA 5 months ago). Very much depends of the type of style you play/sing, etc......I had other keyboards like Yamaha, Roland VA7, etc....like I said, in my case, until I got my first Ketron X1 HD, then the SD1, since that point, there is no way I would settle for anything but Ketron........patterns/styles, features design to/for performance and the most real sounds that you ever heard.
I know that you have heard marketing terms from other manufacturers like "megasounds, etc..." , but, only a few of this good sounds are into the keyboards combined with other technologies of sound generation , the issue is that Ketron is being making for years this very high quality sounds for ALL the voices for the instruments they make.....I'm almost 99.99% positive that if you test this instrument (SD1), you'l prefer it. Good luck.

------------------
mdorantes

#190175 - 10/20/02 10:06 AM Re: 76 keys and no speakers, best styles and sounds... should I buy a SD1?
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I am a dealer in Calfornia for both the Yamaha and Ketron line. For Styles, the Ketron SD1 has much better and more realistic sounding styles, especially in the Latin area. The reason for this is Ketron uses real audio loops as well as drum patterns and Yamaha only uses Drum Patterns. When it comes to natual sounding guitar strums and picking, the Ketron is much more realistic. Where the Yamaha excels is in ease of use and button layout, although the SD1 is right there with it except for perhaps the physical size of the buttons and the way Yamaha uses it's function buttons different than Ketron. I really like both keyboards, but to my ear, the Ketron SD1 has the edge in performance.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
(Retired 2021)

#190176 - 10/20/02 10:59 AM Re: 76 keys and no speakers, best styles and sounds... should I buy a SD1?
Dnj Offline

SD-1 has My Vote!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online