SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#189973 - 01/27/03 08:00 AM Yamaha Power Styles
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Has anyone purchased Power Styles ?. They are very expensive and I wondered just how good they are.

Graham UK

#189974 - 01/27/03 08:06 AM Re: Yamaha Power Styles
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
I haven't heard of these. Is there a website or any demos that you know of? Where are they for sale at?

#189975 - 01/27/03 08:12 AM Re: Yamaha Power Styles
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
YES...The Power Styles are available direct from www.Yamaha.co.uk web site.

Graham UK

#189976 - 01/27/03 08:41 AM Re: Yamaha Power Styles
UlrichM Offline

I checked one set and I guess, these power styles are reworked Tyros styles for use on other keyboards than the Tyros.

Ulrich

#189977 - 01/27/03 08:49 AM Re: Yamaha Power Styles
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
These are available in the US at yamahamusicsoft.com.

I got the Ballroom and Dance and I can tell you these are THE finest styles bar none. You can listen to them on the site.

The PSR2000 and CVP209 styles are also available, but the only way to get to them is going to Joe Waters site (maybe PSR Styles Group), which is psrtutorial.com. You can't access them just by going to the musicsoft site.

Scott Langholff

P.S.The Pro: Want to thank you again for the tip on JBL 10G2 Eons. I LOVE the sound, and just 23lbs. Who would have guessed you could get that kind of sound out of a 10" woofer?

#189978 - 01/27/03 08:51 AM Re: Yamaha Power Styles
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
From what I have seen they would be considered Tyros quality styles, but I only remember finding a few that are actually on one of their keyboards.

Scott

#189979 - 01/27/03 09:42 AM Re: Yamaha Power Styles
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I have purchased all of them, and while they are expensive, there are definitely among the best styles I've ever heard. Not only is there a great diversity between the A,B,C and D settings, they are have fantastic mixes of instruments that really add variety to any performance. While I'm not positive, I believe they are orriginal styles--not tyros styles that have been reworked. You can also find lots of great styles that have been expertly reworked and tuned by Joe Waters at http://psrtutorial.com/ and they are free.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#189980 - 01/27/03 09:10 PM Re: Yamaha Power Styles
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
I listened to them again tonight. They're great, among the best!
Tom G.

#189981 - 01/28/03 01:14 AM Re: Yamaha Power Styles
Beakybird Offline

These styles are different from the Tyros styles. They are just as good as internal styles from the PSR2000 or CVP209 (I haven't heard the Tyros live yet). I have checked these styles against converted Tyros styles that I have come accross, and they are different - as they should be. I know Scott Yee purchased some of these styles and later bought the Tyros. It would have been very irksome if they had already existed on the Tyros.

These are great styles. If you have the money, splurge.

Beakybird

#189982 - 01/30/03 07:31 AM Re: Yamaha Power Styles
svpworld Offline

Loc: UK
Yes I second the opinions here, the Powerstyles are very good but they are not tyros styles! They were developed last year and of course do not use any tyros voices, though its possible to revoice them. My personal opinion is that they are a bit too flowery and complicated for my tastes, but I know that many other players prefer this. In any case they don't come cheap, but you get what you pay for!
Incidentally if anyone prefers lighter more creative styles, don't forget to try out my own creative collection of disks available from www.svpworld.com/svpstyledisks.htm

Kind regards
Simon
SVPworld

------------------
http://www.svpworld.com

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online