SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#189899 - 01/23/02 02:06 PM A very stupid comparison but....
Arbaz Offline

I have to ask. I do know that I am talking about two different boards and they 2 completely different instruments but I do have to ask General Music Equinox 61 comparing to Yamaha PSR 2000 only in sound department why do I want to compare them as Equinox 61 seems to be available very cheap a lot cheaper than PSR 2000, to tell you the truth I have not seen a complete work station going for that lower price also please compare General Music SK760 Power Station with Yamaha PSR 2000 sound wise and as arrangers as they both are available for same price my budget is around $1000 and I will be using the keyboard at home and I do have experience of both the arranger (Korg i30) and the workstation (Korg N-364, Trinity, Triton) and guys be assured that I want your opinion in sound department only, sound only (I did typed it twice) which one do you think will have more natural sounds? Better sound control? How is General Music SK760 Power Station comparing to Yamaha PSR 2000 does it offer better sounds yeah I do know Genesis will be available soon but it will out of my league price wise, like I said I play mostly for my own pleasure I do compose, sing some time small parties but totally non commercial. So guys spit it out which one?

#189900 - 01/23/02 02:36 PM Re: A very stupid comparison but....
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I'm sorry but the GEM sounds do not compare to the PSR2000's. They might match up in other catagories, but the sounds in the yamaha are worlds ahead. At least that's what I think. The 760 is a good value at the new reduced price, but if you don't have other sound modules - I'd pass on it.

#189901 - 01/23/02 03:11 PM Re: A very stupid comparison but....
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I agree with Uncle Dave. I have the Generalmusic keyboards and the PSR2000 in my store and if you need acoustic instrument sounds, the Yamaha is better. The equinox is good for techno, organ and synth sounds but not orchestral. That is where I was very disappointed when it arrived a few years ago.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#189902 - 01/23/02 08:20 PM Re: A very stupid comparison but....
Arbaz Offline

Thank you both your opinion means a lot to me hmm I guess the PSR 2000 is the one for me.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online