SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#189820 - 06/14/03 11:25 PM Re: Got what I paid for....Ouch!
TERRYC Offline

Loc: St, Petersburg. Florida. u.s.a
Bob I tried to reply to your email,but my computer has been acting up all day.It keeps giving me an undeliverable message.I know its not your address because it happened with other emails as well.Hence the reply on the forum.If you contact Barbetta directly,they will supply you with the names of suppliers in your area.Terry

#189821 - 06/15/03 07:06 AM Re: Got what I paid for....Ouch!
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I recently purchased a Berhinger pmx 2000 powered stereo mixer with 10 channels, a built in vocalizer, 3 stereo Line Inputs for keyboards, and monitor outs for a whopping $259.00!!!!

I added two 15" cabinets with horns and I'm very pleased with the result. I had the speakers from any old PA system and they sound just fine.

You might want to investigate this mixer and picking up some speakers. The good thing about a separate amplifier to the speakers is if one goes down, you still have the other and you don't have to ship out both for repair.

Now, let's just hope the Berhinger is tough enough to handle a busy working schedule.

Al

[This message has been edited by kbrkr (edited 06-15-2003).]

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#189822 - 06/15/03 12:37 PM Re: Got what I paid for....Ouch!
Bob Wheeler Offline

Loc: Overland Park, Kansas USA
Terry,

Thank you for responding to my email on this forum. I'm going to buy the Barbetta and I'll let you know how I like it.

Al, I appreciate your input as well.

Bob

#189823 - 06/15/03 01:06 PM Re: Got what I paid for....Ouch!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Al,
You point about the self contained amps better addresses the idea of a "spare" on the job. With two powered cabinets ...... you always have a spare on stage. If a one piece PA head goes down ... you have TWO silent speakers. That's what gives me some piece of mind on these hot, sticky, windless days at outdoor parties on the east coast.
Food for thought.

#189824 - 06/16/03 05:15 AM Re: Got what I paid for....Ouch!
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Uncle Dave,

Your point is well taken. The one nice feature of the Behringer is it contains a very quiet cooling fan. Also, since it contains two amp sections, if one goes out hopefully the other will stay lit. Lastly, if it fails completely, I have the luxury of using the main vocal pa to plug into.

I guess the whole idea is not to back yourself into a corner.

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online