SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#18970 - 08/29/99 10:02 AM Some notes on KorgX5 are untuned...How will I do it...?
bhattvk Offline

Loc: STERLING HEIGHTS, MI, USA
I've bought a korgx5 from my friend. Some of the notes D#,C#,G#,A# of all the octives are untuned. Somebody recommended...Mastertune option...but it tunes the whole keyboard...I want to tune just some of the keys...I'm confused...'cause I have used such synths many times...but I own it for the first time...kindly, help...

#18971 - 08/30/99 01:38 AM Re: Some notes on KorgX5 are untuned...How will I do it...?
WS Offline

sounds like it is set to a strange tuning so why don't you just go back to FACTORY PRESETS...Go to GLOBAL and press page to 05A. Then just enter the bank that you want and it should set to the origal config. Don't hold me to this fix but it may work.

#18972 - 08/30/99 01:08 PM Re: Some notes on KorgX5 are untuned...How will I do it...?
bhattvk Offline

Yes I tried it...Loading factory presets...page-05A. But it says - "Memory Protected"...How'll i unprotect it..? help appreciated.

#18973 - 08/30/99 01:48 PM Re: Some notes on KorgX5 are untuned...How will I do it...?
Lee Offline

Assuming that you do not have a manual to read, then I would scan through the Global pages and have a "getting to know you" session with the various control options on these pages. You will find the UNPROTECT features in your travels. Also, another possibility for your "untuned" state could be that some non-standard or user-defined scale has been selected. Good luck and don't worry; it's really not very complicated.

Lee

#18974 - 08/30/99 11:19 PM Re: Some notes on KorgX5 are untuned...How will I do it...?
bhattvk Offline

YESSS...I could bring the factory presets back to my X5....I appreciate the help from members..."WS" and "Lee". Thanks a lot. Have fun

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online