SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Topic Options
#189676 - 07/19/06 11:19 AM Re: My first impressions of the G70
Dnj Online   content

I'll be getting my hands on a G70 tomorrow morning finally !!!!.....Fran & I will be going on a Road Trip to a store that has one about an hour away where he actually demoed one there the other day & needs to get deeper into it this time around....
I have mixed feelings about even why I have a Tyros2 not that its a bad KB far from that, it sounds great after I set it up the way I LIKE IT,...Its funny but I feel like its a bit TOO Much keyboard for MY NEEDS with so many features that I just will NEVER use & a few that I WISH I really had ....I'm not saying I'm gonna buy a G70 tomorrow ...BUT, I will take a long deep look and play one with an open mind for MY NEEDS for sure...
we'll see soon enough....more to come.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 07-19-2006).]

#189677 - 07/19/06 04:58 PM Re: My first impressions of the G70
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Dnj......... take an especially long hard look at the Makeup Tools section on the G70. If tweaking a Style or SMF to your own personal taste (rather than how it sounds OOTB) is important to you, here is, I think, one of the critical differences between the two. The G70's 'tweaking tools' are SO fast and intuitive, it makes it so much more likely that you will do it - sometimes the sheer time involved to do something hard makes it too much of a PITA to do!

Take a close look at how quick and easy it is to tweak drums WITHIN the drumkit, and adjust dynamics, not just volumes......... All the better to make your arranger sound like YOUR arranger........

#189678 - 07/20/06 03:59 AM Re: My first impressions of the G70
Dnj Online   content

Diki, Thanks for the info...I'm out the door as we speak to check out the G70 at the store this morning.....I will certainly check out the makeup tool & much more. Roland guru Fran C. will be by my side for guidance also, can't wait to get my hands on one.

#189679 - 07/21/06 05:42 AM Re: My first impressions of the G70
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
Sorry, but I just sort of 'tuned out' somewhere around the middle of page 2 of this topic with all the abrasion created by opinions expressed.

I liked Ian McNill's maxim about not arguing with people whose opinions are not respected.

For the benefit of all those who are 'rubbed the wrong way' at times, and we all are, I guess, I would add this:

You can not control what people say or do, but you can control how you react to it.

Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online