Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#189666 - 07/18/06 10:47 AM Re: My first impressions of the G70
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Hopefully it doesn't get to the point of us all throwing them out on the table and measuring

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 07-18-2006).]

Hey, I'm winning that baby hands down, even if I just stepped out of a cold pool .

chas

#189667 - 07/18/06 10:52 AM Re: My first impressions of the G70
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
-------------------------------------------
Hey, I'm winning that baby hands down, even if I just stepped out of a cold pool .

chas
--------------------------------------------

Don't get too excited yet. I wear 3 legged pants and 3 sneakers

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#189668 - 07/18/06 10:57 AM Re: My first impressions of the G70
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I had a buddy who had the same problem with very short legs.

Ian

#189669 - 07/18/06 10:59 AM Re: My first impressions of the G70
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
My pant size is 34/32, and I gots some big feet.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#189670 - 07/18/06 11:11 AM Re: My first impressions of the G70
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Don't use my dining table...Use Scott's..

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 07-18-2006).]

#189671 - 07/18/06 11:27 AM Re: My first impressions of the G70
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Don't get too excited yet. I wear 3 legged pants and 3 sneakers

Squeak

I feel your pain. I, for instance, can't wear Bermuda Shorts.....BTW, ever notice how some things seem to go together....like say, uh, G1000 and Tune1000 .

chas

#189672 - 07/18/06 11:28 AM Re: My first impressions of the G70
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
This is getting nasty and I don't like it.

A few comments:
I have just re-read Fran's comments in this thread, and nowhere did I see a single stab at the Tyros2 owners. He did say "If I were a Tyros owner, I would swap", but IMHO, he is just expressing his own preference for one instrument over another, as someone who has tried both. In fact, this is very much in keeping with the rest of his review, where he is saying that he is providing his own subjective evaluation of the G70.

I don't see the reasons for the over-sensitive responses of the Yamaha devotees, other than the possiblity that Fran's post hits a sore nerve with them.

If anything, Fran's comments are somewhat of a putdown of the G70, as compared to the old G1000 and the Discover5. However, to me they seem quite objective (for a keyboard review), and I read them with great interest.

In the past there has been some animosity here between the devotees of various keyboards. While some of the Roland afficionados (mostly from Europe) had been obviously nasty in their putdowns of other brands, I don't recall any such comments from Fran. It is well known that he prefers Roland sound, much as Scott Yee may prefer Yamaha sound, or someone else may like the Korg or Technics sound better. Indeed, most of Fran's posts indicate this preference. Nonetheless, while I recall a number of his comments about other brands being tongue-in-cheek, I don't feel that any of them were offensive to individuals, any more than my own comments about the heavy weight (or insufficient polyphony or only 61 keys) of some of the newere crop of arrangers was a putdown to any one individual.

While I share Fran's preference for the Roland sound, there is no love-in between us. We have disagreed on a number of occasionis in the past. However, I do respect Fran and his opinions, the same as I respect the opinions of most other old (and new) members of this forum, all for the reason that I learn a lot from their posts.

Please remember that there is no perfect arranger, which will satisfy everyone (at least not yet). With each instrument you have some advantages and some shortcomings. Reading the opinions of others about those should help us all evaluate these for ourselves. It should also help the manufacturers understan what we, the users, want, and hopefully come up with the better instruments in the future. That's why the discussions and disagreements are good, but the nasty and offensive posts are not.

BTW, I truly think that it is childish for someone to pick up his toys and leave just because some knucklehead had offended him in their posts - when that happens, we all lose out. However, it is responsibility of each one of us to speak up when we see uncivil, offensive, nasty stuff in a post.

Regards

#189673 - 07/18/06 11:34 AM Re: My first impressions of the G70
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
I guess its probably better to give a review of a keyboard that u have played and not if u have only listened to demos online...because we all know that companies often make the demos sound better than how the keyboard sounds when u actually play one. I played the g70 for an hour and hated it. I played the tyros2 and thought it was fantastic...best ever. Another person will say the opposite. Different strokes for different folks...thats cool with me.

#189674 - 07/18/06 01:37 PM Re: My first impressions of the G70
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
I plan on going back next week and spend some more time with the G70...Who knows maybe I'll bring one home....

.....Road Trip?

#189675 - 07/18/06 10:24 PM Re: My first impressions of the G70
K.Boarder Offline

I am glad I get some support in defending the G70 against all the attacks of some Yamaha players.
Wis where are you, there are more of us.But we know there are no bad keyboards.

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online