SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#189656 - 07/18/06 08:54 AM Re: My first impressions of the G70
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
As soon as I saw Fran's post, I read it immediately. I am always interested in reading Synthzone members opinions on new keyboards. Whenever I read negative posts on the G70 always wondered about the organs and pianos. They could not be that bad. So I was not surprised when Fran said, "This Grand X piano is way better than my G1000[favorite piano]. If you played naked piano , I would want the Grand X"
"The organ module section is just unsurpassed..only equalled by Roland's VK and VR instruments...". Now that makes sense.
Fran can express his opinion anytime he wants on this forum. (He's going to anyways)
Starkeeper

[This message has been edited by Starkeeper (edited 07-18-2006).]

#189657 - 07/18/06 09:12 AM Re: My first impressions of the G70
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
It just makes me laugh how defensive people can get when something negative is said about a particular keyboard they own or the company that makes it.

I like them all (some more than others). I could care less if someone was on here everyday trashing a keyboard company or a model I own. So what! If you don't want to read a members dislikes about a keyboard than SIMPLY DON'T READ THE POST! Why read the thing, then bitch about having to read it? If you see it's negative, and you're a firm support of whatever maker the post speaks ill of, it's YOU who decides to read it or not. No one's forcing anyone to read the posts.

Like it or not it's the negative posts that DO help in the end. Makers NEED to see the good AND THE BAD!

Fran doesn't like some things about Yamaha's T2--well so the hell what, does he have the right to speak ill of it--yes he does. The board clearly doesn't fit his needs. If he says something bad about it, does it take away from YOUR Tyros 2? Has your re-sale value suddenly gone down? Do you find your T2 in the corner of your studio crying because someone flung poo at it?

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 07-18-2006).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#189658 - 07/18/06 09:43 AM Re: My first impressions of the G70
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Squeak: Personal opinions expressed are fine, but when they're made BEFORE having actually played the keyboard, or at least received an in person live demo of it, it's a DIS-SERVICE to the newer members here looking to senior SZ members & pro players for keyboard purchase guidance.

I recommend holding off attacking a keyboard until ones at least had the chance to play (audition) it themself. This is my case in point with Fran, as he spent the last 6 months touting G70 and putting down Tyros2 even though he never saw one in person until very recently. - Scott

#189659 - 07/18/06 09:48 AM Re: My first impressions of the G70
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
QUOTE: Mate why dont you go and post in a Roland forum. You know that the majority of people in this forum are Yamaha owners.

We all know Yamaha shits on Roland but we dont go plastering it in everyones face to make a name for ourselves...

If Roland suits your playing style and taste more than Yamaha, fine, tell us once then keep the rest to yourself.

We arent here to talk down on or 'trash' eachothers keyboards, although You seem to do that alot

Im sure other peope in here will agree... UNQUOTE

THIS is the post that got my back up.......... up to this point it all seemed friendly and professional.

The whole point of the debate over which arranger works best FOR EACH OF US is to state WHY.......... There's no point in just going 'BrandX is the best' - tell us why, maybe we'll learn something, maybe we'll point out a better way. But no-one is paying me a cent to hawk for Roland, and I doubt any of the rest of us (with the exception of George Kaye and Lionstracs and a few other retailers) are making any money selling arrangers. We're here to discuss our thoughts, not proselytize them.....

#189660 - 07/18/06 10:02 AM Re: My first impressions of the G70
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
There is a difference between offering an opinion or a critique and just being plain obnoxious. Some of us recognize the difference. Seems strangely reminiscent of the "small pen*s " syndrome.

chas

[This message has been edited by cgiles (edited 07-18-2006).]

[This message has been edited by cgiles (edited 07-18-2006).]

#189661 - 07/18/06 10:05 AM Re: My first impressions of the G70
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect

Ian

#189662 - 07/18/06 10:17 AM Re: My first impressions of the G70
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect
- Ian

Ian. Thank you for your excellent 'words of wisdom'. I'm printing out and posting this to my PC monitor.

Scott

#189663 - 07/18/06 10:18 AM Re: My first impressions of the G70
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Scott never happened..I never praised something I haven't played, and never condemned anything I never played...Maybe you are referring to a company's past history...And for you guys that don't like my personal comments about equipment.. tough , get a life...Kla 4..anytime you want a playing contest[no midi files] let me know...The only difference between me and most of you critics...I know what it takes to do the top jobs...I can get as much work as I want because I use all the tools...If I have to play live ..I do[and I don't mean arranger mode]..I am talking left hand bass, piano and organ type of playing..

If needed I use arranger mode..Same with SMF's and MP3's....

You guys get too bent out of shape over nothing....

Be professionals...look at the reasons stated when someone prefers certain features of a giving brand...Look past your own nose....GOT IT!!!!

This is my last comments about this nonsense..I will let Diki and Squeak handle you guys...

Since this post was "My First impressions of the G70..."if you don't like it, read another post..

I plan on going back next week and spend some more time with the G70...Who knows maybe I'll bring one home....

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 07-18-2006).]

#189664 - 07/18/06 10:30 AM Re: My first impressions of the G70
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
People do get bent out of shape here (I too am guilty of it as well), but we have to look past our "own" needs when boasting about keyboards. We have to consider that what works for us doesn't work for someone else, and maybe our sheer excitement for the keyboard we have may at times hinder our ability to see past ourselves, and that can prevent us from better understanding what others look for in a keyboard.

I will say that the piss'n contest and the mine's bigger than yours attitude can get out of hand at times too... Hopefully it doesn't get to the point of us all throwing them out on the table and measuring

However, the next time I get hate mail from ANYONE on the Zone.., I'm saying the hell with it and laying the members cards out on the table! I got several hate mails because my review of the PSR-3000 wasn't favorable.

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 07-18-2006).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#189665 - 07/18/06 10:42 AM Re: My first impressions of the G70
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Hi Fran, I see you can't take it anymore so it's Bubble and Squeak to the rescue

[This message has been edited by Craig_UK (edited 07-18-2006).]

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online