SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#189646 - 07/18/06 06:44 AM Re: My first impressions of the G70
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Diki should try reading SZ more often. There's been plenty of stick from Roland owners bashing the likes of the Tyros 2...
Fair enough I've said the G70 was rubbish in the past but at least I had one for 3 months to warrant my comments. The majority of the roland owners saying the T2 is c**p have never even heard one.
It's all a load of childish bull, you buy a keyboard that suites your own individual tastes so obviously at the time of purchase it is the best keyboard for YOU, this is not necessarily the same for anyone else!

By the way I'm selling my membership of the Fran Carrango club on Ebay, I've started it a 1p but I fell this could still be too expensive

Just to add to what's been said above, Fran always saying the G70 is better etc and putting down the T2, I can't see it making any difference to anyone else. If all Fran does is play midi files he may as well keep his G1000 for this and forget about getting any new keyboard just for the sake of a different GM/GS sound set. All his comments suggest to me is that the G70 may have better GM sounds than the T2 - big deal, hardly anyone cares about a GM set it's the rest of the sounds that matter!

[This message has been edited by Craig_UK (edited 07-18-2006).]

#189647 - 07/18/06 06:59 AM Re: My first impressions of the G70
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I'm a majority stock holder

#189648 - 07/18/06 07:34 AM Re: My first impressions of the G70
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Ok. Here's my 2 cents. My complaint is less about Fran Carango putting down Yamaha keyboards, but the way he taunts Yamaha owners (included myself) for having purchased one. This borders on being a form of personal attack, and has driven away a number of valued SZ members: Roel DeJonge, Chico Brasil, Dreamer, Tyrosman, theWolf, just to name a few. My email (from fellow SZ members) has been running high sharing these same sentiments.

Everyone here has the right to express themselves freely, but Fran has been putting down Tyros2 before I purchased mine (back in Nov 2005) claiming that the G70 has got to be FAR better, even though he NEVER ever touched a G70 until just last week, and not even seen a Tyros2 till only a few months earlier. It's these kind of UNQUALIFED statements (and there have been many from him) that only serve to mislead & confuse SZ member keyboard buyers into believing he's a 'qualified' expert on these boards, when in fact he hadn't played either of them yet. Funny thing is that whenever I respond to his T2 attacks proving him wrong, he never responds back to admit he was wrong.

On the surface, Fran's T2's attacks are guised with (sarcastic) humor, but I sense a deeper sense of resentment as the attacks continue month after month, year after year.

I only want to close by saying that I hold no specific arranger brand allegiance. I currently prefer Yamaha Tyros arrangers because they work best for my needs today. If something else comes along (other brand/model) which matches my needs better, I'll not hesitate to switch brands. Above and beyond which arranger model, to me, it's about making music, and all the current arrangers on the market offer the tools for this, the rest is up to us, as no keyboard can compensate for or substitute for true keyboard artistry & talent, of which requires putting in your dues: blood, sweat, and tears.

I hope more emphasize can be placed on sharing and helping each other become better arranger players instead of bickering about which brand/model arranger is better than the other.

Scott

#189649 - 07/18/06 07:39 AM Re: My first impressions of the G70
Fran Carango Offline

I guess that meams you are not the president of my new fan club..

#189650 - 07/18/06 07:40 AM Re: My first impressions of the G70
Fran Carango Offline

I guess that means you are not the president of my new fan club..

BTW, I don't remember you ever proving me wrong about anything!!!

How can I be wrong about how I feel.. I touched the keys,, I heard the sequence playback..I heard the super sounds and I draw ed my own opinion as you vocally mentioned your opinions about the RA800[remember] and your experience with the G70...Look into the mirror and think!!!

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 07-18-2006).]

#189651 - 07/18/06 07:42 AM Re: My first impressions of the G70
Scottyee Offline

#189652 - 07/18/06 07:49 AM Re: My first impressions of the G70
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Fran puts How can I be wrong about how I feel.. I touched the keys,, I heard the sequence playback

These keys in question were they disk access, load midi file and play ?

The G70 does have 76 keys m8. Shame you don't live in the UK as I give music lessons.

#189653 - 07/18/06 07:54 AM Re: My first impressions of the G70
Fran Carango Offline

BTW.. I "dumped" a lot of gear over the years...What this means..I can't use this and I have to get rid of it..immediately...

Has nothing to do with brands..In recent years, I have "Dumped" instruments I really liked, but knew they were not a priority in my needs...An example..Roland VR760..One of the best instruments I owned, but did not fit my bill..Since it was brand new and very sell able..I "dumped" it quickly...

For different reasons, I "dumped my PSR 2100's.. so I would not lose too much money on them..These were on my So.So list..

Likewise the SD1[great board ..wrong owner..].

So you can see "dumped" is not a dirty word to me..it is a given necessity at times..

#189654 - 07/18/06 08:18 AM Re: My first impressions of the G70
Scottyee Offline

#189655 - 07/18/06 08:31 AM Re: My first impressions of the G70
kla4 Offline

Loc: NL
Nick, Chas, Scott & Craig,

I fully agree your posts !
Perhaps the best thing to do is ignore those comments/opinions.

C'est le ton qui fait la musique

In his case it's only the midi-file

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online