#189637 - 07/17/06 10:58 PM Re: My first impressions of the G70
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Fran, if I'm OLD, then you're ANCIENT !

Scott

#189638 - 07/18/06 03:52 AM Re: My first impressions of the G70
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Though I don't agree with Nick G. 100% (maybe 90), I can certainly understand his feelings and his response. Posting with the deliberate intent to annoy is certain to get a response like Nick's. Constantly badmouthing one brand does get tiresome after awhile and touting 10 year old technology as being "the best" is like wishing to go to the moon aboard Sputnik. I lived in Philadelphia long enough to recognize a "South Philly" attitude when I see one. For those from the Philly area, think "700 level".

chas

#189639 - 07/18/06 04:35 AM Re: My first impressions of the G70
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Scott Yee, Senior SZ Member

Member Name: Scottyee
Postings: 7,590

#189640 - 07/18/06 04:53 AM Re: My first impressions of the G70
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Guys , every time I say "I" prefer, it is my personal choice of what works better for "ME"..It doesn't matter if it is 10 years old...Not what is the "BEST" keyboard period...but what works "BEST for "ME".....Do you guys get it yet!!

Chas you really don't know me...I'm not a South Philly type boy...I have a lot of South Philly friends though...

And I am far from the 700 level type..If you watch any 76er games.. You will more likely find me in the second row behind the backboard....We still celebrate, but not like the 700 level at the now gone Vet..

Diki makes a good point on another post.
His G70 group, take a beaten with all the negative comments towards their beloved instrument..and if someone returns comments even slightly as negative about the Tyros2...the fur flies...I can always accept personal opinions for likes and dislikes of a product...knowing they are "personal".

Benefit wise..I do personally feel the G70 is more in tune with my needs, and many more probably feel the same...but, dare not say so, because of over reaction of many of you.....Get a life,,,none of this is a big deal..If it works for you ...who cares what anyone else says.......maybe it doesn't work for you!!!

PS: don't get offended by the expressive[funny] icons I posted...

#189641 - 07/18/06 05:04 AM Re: My first impressions of the G70
Dnj Offline

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 07-24-2006).]

#189642 - 07/18/06 05:05 AM Re: My first impressions of the G70
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
[B.nothing about the Tyros and the little contact I have had with the Tyros2 has wowed me.. Even the PSR's I have owned..left me embarrassed enough I had to "Dump" them...

I am a Junior Member myself but I don't let people get to me just because of their opinions. Opinions are just that and I still have to read am opinion that's final on SZ. As far as I know everything is debatable. Whether Fran likes or dislikes Yamaha, that's up to him. Why should it bother me. Do notice that Fran writes that HE dumped HIS Yamaha keyboards and not someone elses. Just wish he dumped them in my backyard.

#189643 - 07/18/06 05:07 AM Re: My first impressions of the G70
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
---------------------------------------------
Diki makes a good point on another post.
His G70 group, take a beaten with all the negative comments towards their beloved instrument..and if someone returns comments even slightly as negative about the Tyros2...the fur flies...I can always accept personal opinions for likes and dislikes of a product...knowing they are "personal".
---------------------------------------------

Fran,
I couldn't agree more! You're right that there has been a lot of G-70 bashing on the forum, even though Roland has done a complete 180 with the unit since the initial release.

However, say something negative about the T2 or Yamaha, and it's like watching monkeys at the zoo "flinging poo". I have always felt that there has been an unfair bias towards Yamaha on the General Arranger's Forum.

At times I feel it seems as memebers feel they have to "protect their investment" vocally when someone says something negative about a keyboard--as if they owe the company something. This is clearly a mostly "opinionated" environment.

Users should be able to voice their opinions (even if they're negative) about a keyboard without getting hit in the head for it.

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 07-18-2006).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#189644 - 07/18/06 05:10 AM Re: My first impressions of the G70
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Fran,

Honestly what you have just said is spot on. Its just the way you continuously say that Roland is 'better' or 'ahead' of yamaha.

It may be a better keyboard for YOU, but you have to admit you make it out as if your talking in general.

We know you love Roland and it meets your needs and wants. Roland is awesome and I'm not saying otherwise, but I garantee you this: If I posted that I have tried Roland boards and I "dumped" them becuase they are "rubbish and embarrasing," you would be on top of the post straight away throwing in your two cents to defend Roland.

We are all here becuase we love keybaords, we're all here to talk and argue about them, but you have to understand that some things you are going to say, your definitely going to get a reaction. It may not always be the reaction you want.

I apologise for sounding harsh in my initial post as text and emails always do sound worse than speech, but I had to make my point clear.

cheers...

[This message has been edited by Nick G (edited 07-18-2006).]

#189645 - 07/18/06 05:10 AM Re: My first impressions of the G70
Dnj Offline

Hey this is getting good

Can't wait to see the fur fly when the
E-80 becomes mainstream

Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online