SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#189269 - 08/17/03 05:23 PM 9kpro sequencer v. 2100 or 1100 sequencer....
tom moon Offline

Loc: Haddonfield, NJ, USA
just curious: are the guts of the sequencers essentially the same on these boards? was at the store the other day but didn't dive into the 2100 sequencer at all. I have the 9kpro but was very surprised at the quality of the sounds and styles on the 2100 -- that thing is surprisingly deep -- and I'm wondering if they've put a different architecture in it. you know, one where "Quick Record" is actually quick.

#189270 - 08/17/03 06:07 PM Re: 9kpro sequencer v. 2100 or 1100 sequencer....
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Here is how quick the sequencer is on the PSR2100......When you hit Record, all 16 tracks are armed and all parts of the keyboard are available while playing. This way, you could start with just a Piano, then, after 8 measures, you could hit the 2nd part and add a layer and you are still in record mode. Next, you hit the accomp. on button, hit intro and all of this is being recorded, without having to stop and start over. Now, say after a minute or so, you would like to add a sound from one of the pads, or add harmony with your right hand sound......all of this is possible. To my knowledge, this is the easiest sequencer I've seen yet. However, if after recording your performance, you wish to add more tracks on empty channels, you are free to do this just by changing the default parts to channels to the ones you wish to record.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#189271 - 08/17/03 07:18 PM Re: 9kpro sequencer v. 2100 or 1100 sequencer....
tom moon Offline

Loc: Haddonfield, NJ, USA
wow. thanks George. that's a big change from the 9kpro.
two more q's:
where are sequences stored? floppy I'm guessing but I've been surprised a lot by this thing....
is there an easy way to "loop" sections?
thanks again..

#189272 - 08/17/03 08:09 PM Re: 9kpro sequencer v. 2100 or 1100 sequencer....
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
As you said Tom the recordings are stored on 'Floppy' or you can store them to the User Memory Area. They've doubled the User Memory on the PSR 2100 compared to the PSR 2000 which is now (discontinued). So you have roughly the size of "1" floppy disk to store your songs on the User drive, approx. 1500kb. Floppy storage is unlimited of course as long as you keep shelling out for Floppies and don't mind loading them back into the Keyboard when you want to pull up a song.

I think the PSR 2100 has improved the Song 'loop' function but I'm not positive. The Tyros as a more sophisticated song playback 'loop' "repeat" function on it, (if I'm understanding you correctly when you say "loop sections".

Best regards,
Mike

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online