SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#18906 - 01/07/05 03:02 PM KORG X3 and CAKEWALK .. Echo problems!
dog rox Offline

Loc: Plattsburgh, NY, USA
OK here is a real weiener of a problem that has been buggin me for awhile and no matter what i do i cant seem for the life of me figure out why this happens!

I am not a newbie to midi i have been using midi and cakewalk for many many years!.. just that this one thing has been buggin me!

X3 has global ECHO set to auto! all the time .. thats defualt... then when i boot cakewalk 6.0 and then after some time i would close it. as cakewalk shuts down it also turns the GLoBAL settings ECHO to OFF on the X3 all the time!

I also notice that sometimes if i use cakewalk with alot of midi data going through to the korg... and or even other midi programs in the pc.. that it lockes my computer up after a short time.. which i think that is also a echo problem as well.

thanx!

Dog

#18907 - 06/02/05 08:37 AM Re: KORG X3 and CAKEWALK .. Echo problems!
dog rox Offline

Loc: Plattsburgh, NY, USA
I didn trealize this message was still here.. and i noticed no one replied.. hehe well i kinda forgot i had posted it .. anyways the problem was worked out.. seems that every time i booted up cakewalk on my computer.. i noticed that the echo settings on the korg was changing.. at the time i wasnt sure what was causeing it.. thinkign it was something coming from seperate midi patcher...so i would load in my settings all the time i used cakewalk ...

i didnt realize that cakewalk was doing it.. and DOING it for a purpose.. the KORG's echo did NOT need to be on as Cakewalk was eching the notes back to the korg.

So i realized the the CAKEWALK was ONLY temporary changing the settings on the KORG.. which was a GOOD thing.. i just never realized it cause of the way i had things routed in my MIDI PATCHER. SO have to seti the patcher up with different presets when i am doign different stuff between the keyboard and the cakewalk.. so i can call up the the toher synth moduals when i am not using cakewalk!

it is hard to explain the way i have it set up.. but the echo problems are OK.. it was just a matter of tracing all my midi signals and seeing how the patcher was looping it all through!..

ALL IS WELL! )

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online