SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#188784 - 01/21/06 07:00 PM Played my first gig/job...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... with the Z-5500s at a country club Friday nite ...
They sounded great ...
I use an Alesis mixer for the mic and kb ... used the volume in the mixer at less than 50% ...
I had the volume on the sub-woofer at about 1 1/2, the sats at about 75% of full, and used the center spkr as a monitor ... had the main volume on the 55s at about 50% of full... and the kb at about 75% ...
I even put a line in the 'headphone' plug on the kb so I would hear only the 55s, not the on board speakers ... nice and crisp and clear ...
A booking agent was in the CC when I was setting up and he was amazed at the clarity and sound ...

I used some pvc pipe (painted black) to fashion 'holders' extending from the X stand for the kb ... nut & bolted the sats onto a piece of plywood (painted black) ... the pvc slides into two 'U' clamps on the bottom of the plywood to keep it stationary ... I replaced the original sat wires with 18 gauge spk wire and wrapped the 2 left and 2 right wires (seperately) with that plastic coil 'stuff' ...

Next is to set up 1/4" plug connector box to the sub, and the 'carpet job' on the sub like Mark's (batty) ...

a couple of pics: http://s41.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2M8CJ6GDYC3YM3GZX8958GOFXU
http://s60.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2RYR6UZZI2BZY0IVU8Y86OX6HK

t.

#188785 - 01/21/06 07:09 PM Re: Played my first gig/job...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I told you the audience would like what they hear from the Z-5500 system!

You're gonna' have lots of fun with this system,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online