SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#188679 - 07/08/06 05:56 PM What to expect at NAMM 2006?
Jupitar5 Offline

Loc: United States
Hello

Just wondered what everyone’s expectations are with the forthcoming NAMM on 14-16th July next week?. I heard (sort of) that Korg won't be representatives this year, so that might rule out the possibilities of a new Korg arranger A new “Tyros” perhaps? Or Revamped versions of current arrangers.?

Would [even] there be the posibility of something entirely new? Maybe an arranger that merges some functions seen on top synths (for example)

Anthony

#188680 - 07/08/06 06:54 PM Re: What to expect at NAMM 2006?
TP123 Offline

Loc: Fla. / Nashville
In general it has been my experience that most (75%?) new products come out at the winter show.

#188681 - 07/08/06 07:23 PM Re: What to expect at NAMM 2006?
Jupitar5 Offline

Loc: United States
Quote:
Originally posted by TP123:
In general it has been my experience that most (75%?) new products come out at the winter show.

Hi TP, sorry, forgot to add that Korg may actually make some announcements at NAMM time (OASYS update for example - and EXI's) - and perhaps other brands too...

Anthony

#188682 - 07/08/06 07:58 PM Re: What to expect at NAMM 2006?
Dnj Offline

I doubt you'll see any new arranger releases at the summer show........but who knows for sure?

#188683 - 07/09/06 12:09 AM Re: What to expect at NAMM 2006?
Wis Offline

Diki will have his chordsequencer at the NAMM I suppose.
And the new Tyros will be a green one with many samples of animalsounds.

#188684 - 07/09/06 04:55 AM Re: What to expect at NAMM 2006?
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
lmao Wis I hope the new Tyros will not be put next to the E80 then or else you wont be able to tell them apart lol

I wonder if Ketron has something in 76 keys to show us?

#188685 - 07/10/06 11:41 AM Re: What to expect at NAMM 2006?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig_UK:

I wonder if Ketron has something in 76 keys to show us?

Most likely not since we haven't heard a peep from A.J. about Ketron's new offerings at this years summer NAMM session.

We may see something from GEM but again there has been no press leaks about any new GEM arranger products and GEM spokesman Dave McMahan has been quieter than a church mouse on this forum about the prospect of new GEM products being released at NAMM.

I heard from a good source that Korg, sometime this year (maybe NAMM??), will release new Arranger products that support USB 2.0. We shall see.

Yamaha.. Oohhhh Yamaha They may surprise us but then again maybe not. At least in the way of Arranger products. What may be the highlight of the show is if they release the successor to the Motif ES at this years summer NAMM. They've had 3 years to tinker with their newest flagship Workstation prototype so they've had plenty of time to get the kinks out of it if there were any.

But I won't get my hopes up too high since there has been no internet 'buzz' or leaks from the press about a Motif ES successor being released at NAMM.

Who else? Well, there is Roland of course and I suppose the E60/80 will show up at NAMM. Although non-arranger products might be few and far between. The Juno-G will probably be showcased at NAMM most likely though. But I don't expect a new flagship workstation from Roland since the FantomX series is selling fairly well currently. In fact the Motif ES is still selling quite robustly which may be the main reason Yamaha will NOT release an ES replacement at summer NAMM. FWIW, Yamaha waited only '2' years before replacing the original Motif with the Motif ES. They've had '3' years now to produce a Motif ES replacement but that really doesn't mean too much if the current product is selling well. Again, we shall see.

Also OpenLabs or even Lionstrac may release new products at NAMM although Domenick of Lionstrac has not alluded to that possibility. OpenLabs OTOH, being a larger company with greater production capabilities, could release something noteworthy; but it is anyone's guess what it might be.

Best regards,
Mike

#188686 - 07/10/06 09:55 PM Re: What to expect at NAMM 2006?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I anxiously await a Motif with SA articulated voices........

You can't beat the flexibility of effects and output routing, not to mention MUCH greater voice editing capabilities in most of the top Workstation keyboards, but it does seem strange that Yamaha's best sounding SA voices are ONLY available in their Tyros line.

I would LOVE to add a Motif SA rack module to my G70 and get the best of both worlds!!

#188687 - 07/11/06 01:00 AM Re: What to expect at NAMM 2006?
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Please give us a PSR with SA voices and a "tyros key feel"

PSR 3100 or 3500 perhaps?

#188688 - 07/11/06 05:29 AM Re: What to expect at NAMM 2006?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Actually I think Yamaha is showing something regarding the MOtif at NAMM. I read on the Motifator forum (currently just a rumor), but it's supposed to be something called MOTIF MIX, or MOTIF MAX.

To tell you the truth, going by the time line of the MOtif's it's quite possible a newer model will be shown.

Damn rumors

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online