SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#188657 - 07/14/05 08:46 PM Loading G-70 Styles
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
Are there any Roland G-70 experts out there? I wish to load 200 styles from external memory (SD card) to internal memory and it will only load 126 styles. Is anyone aware of a limitation on the number of styles that can be saved to Internal Memory? The styles are all on the SD card and work from there. O/S 1.10 in place.
Thanks for any help.
Keith

#188658 - 07/14/05 09:03 PM Re: Loading G-70 Styles
weissefar Offline

Hi KeithB,

Regarding limitations on how many files can be saved to internal memory: There are no limitations other than the available memory space. Have you checked remaining memory space?

Working with files on the G-70, you might find this menu useful:
http://www.selskabsmusikeren.dk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=156&Itemid=43

Why you experience the problem I don't know. If you think you have found a bug, please report it here:
http://www.selskabsmusikeren.dk/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&Itemid=27&func =showcat&catid=9

Then the Roland engineers will follow up on it ASAP.

[This message has been edited by weissefar (edited 07-14-2005).]

#188659 - 07/15/05 03:43 AM Re: Loading G-70 Styles
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
Thanks for the information. In fact I have discovered what the problem was - 84 of my styles on the external card would not load (Disk Error) from that card and this was the apparent limitation when trying to transfer them to the Internal memory. I have overcome this (tediously) by loading the 84 to a floppy disk (from which they did work OK) and then save to internal via the Style Composer menu. I don't fully understand this but it must have something to do with the database operation on file transfer.
Keith

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online