SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#188584 - 05/21/07 02:02 AM Inspired Listening
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Though many of us pride ourselves in being open-minded with regards to the music we hear, the true test of how inspired we are can simply be measured by our attention span. "Inspired" listening, to me, is when a recorded performance moves us to the degree that we can listen to it over and over again, almost never tiring of it. We can profess to appreciate all styles of music, but how often or how long we will listen to something, no matter what the genre, is another matter entirely. After all, there's a big difference between "enjoying" something for years, as opposed to "tolerating" it for five minutes! /QM

#188585 - 05/21/07 11:33 AM Re: Inspired Listening
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
I understand your view of it, but even songs you can hear over and over reach a point where you don't wanna hear them for a while. Maybe we could say the sooner this point comes, the less inspiring the song is?

Same with playing songs. This is exactly why you should continuously learn new songs to play to "keep the spirit alive"
1. for yourselve
2. for the audience
3. for improving your playing technique

My two cents...

#188586 - 05/21/07 12:42 PM Re: Inspired Listening
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Nowadays, with modern pop tunes, 'inspired' is a song I can listen to all the way through even once!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online