SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#188526 - 02/06/04 04:38 PM Re: Bebop getting new amp for birthday
Dnj Offline

The thing that turned me off was when I read that people after buying a Motion KP100 amp had to spend another $100.0 or so to buy new replacement speakers on a
"Brand New" amp due to the lacking sound they ween't happy with.....seems confusing to me!

#188527 - 02/06/04 04:39 PM Re: Bebop getting new amp for birthday
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
I've never heard the KP-100s but I can tell you that the woofers in the KP-200s are just fine as they are and noone to my knowledge has swapped them out.

That brings up the question of whether a sub is necessary with the KP-200s - I don't think so. Motion Sound has already changed their "prototype" website and now say that the SL-200s is a slave cabinet. I think the slave concept is better than a sub - why not double the overall sound rather than just add more bass? Gosh, a slave cabinet reminds of the old Fender guitar amps... pretty impressive stage stack we're talking about. It's the price that'll be a big factor for me. It's also cool that they are accepting input on their prototype units from their customers (wish more manufacturers thought of that).

I noticed that they plan on hooking up the SL-200s to the KP-200s via a midi-type cable. My KP-200s does not have a 5-pin DIN jack so I assume we're talking about a retrofit kit for existing KP owners? Better be easy to install - I hate the thought of cutting and modifying my amp.

Thanks for keeping us clued in on this Dan - I'm interested in the final product.

[This message has been edited by The Pro (edited 02-06-2004).]

#188528 - 02/07/04 01:16 PM Re: Bebop getting new amp for birthday
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
The thing that turned me off was when I read that people after buying a Motion KP100 amp had to spend another $100.0 or so to buy new replacement speakers on a
"Brand New" amp due to the lacking sound they ween't happy with.....seems confusing to me!

Donny ,

I don't get it either . I have many customers with Kp100's and are completely happy with what comes out of the box .

Dan

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online