SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#188453 - 10/07/02 11:42 AM UPS DENIED - HELP!!!
zuki Offline

I recently sold my 2000 and UPS shipped to TN from MI. I shipped in the original box, with the corner protection but because I didn't have their so-called 2" packing around the perimeter my claim that they pay for the damaged (cracked case and speaker area)was denied. My board was perfect and they managed to destroy it during a 2-state ride. I've since filed a dispute and will hear back from the local MI claims office by tomorrow, day's end. HAS ANYONE dealt with the dispute process before....any tips for tomorrow's (10/8) call from UPS? I was all ready to purchase a 9000 Pro and up pops the devil. I may lose my money! Advice is appreciated and beware of UPS. They are heartless.
Zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#188454 - 10/07/02 11:56 AM Re: UPS DENIED - HELP!!!
lukitoh Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA, USA
If you got rejected the first time around, remember to bring up the matters to higher management levels - one level at the time. That is if you have time to fight it.

If not, bring up the matter to a small claims court - I have no experience on this however.

#188455 - 10/07/02 12:39 PM Re: UPS DENIED - HELP!!!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
You may have a hard time with this one.. You see UPS's legal "back out" here is where they say (2") packing.. This is considered part of their customer client contract, and if you signed your name you're binded to it. So technically by the books they can deny your claim.. This depends on how much hell you give them about it.. You'll need to speak to the upper managment.. Most likely a regional director, and explain your situation.. Things like this (if they give back the money) they like to handle quietly otherwise they'll have everyone who was denied a claim nailing them... Did you buy the insurance? If you did, you may have a good chance of getting the money back.. However you have to stay on their asses! That's no joke either.. UPS is a big company...

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#188456 - 10/07/02 01:00 PM Re: UPS DENIED - HELP!!!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
2" packing around the perimeter

Zuki,

what is the 2" packing, somthig UPS provides or you? also what is the safest way to SHIP a Keyboard from your home to someone?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-07-2002).]

#188457 - 10/07/02 01:27 PM Re: UPS DENIED - HELP!!!
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi Zuki,
Sorry to hear about your problem.
1) File the claim and don`t give-in !
2) Have the manager of your nearest UPS shipping location come to your home to see the damage, have "cost of KB " ready!
3) 2" ??? How did the KB get to you? The one that I got from "Music 123" came through "OK" , BUT I did request that they double box it and they refused saying that ALL of there "Yamaha , Psr2000 KB`s were shipped in just the box from Yamaha"
4) Tell that to the person who sees the damage. Tell them that is just the way "Yamaha" ships them!!
Best of luck, your in the "right" so your gripe is "A-OK" and they should make it right and pay for the entire cost of the KB. there could be other damage that you don`t see !!
Let us know how you made out, take care!
jedi

#188458 - 10/07/02 01:34 PM Re: UPS DENIED - HELP!!!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
forgot to ask something.. When you shipped the keyboard, did UPS open the box up and inspect the contents? If so did they say it was ok to ship? Every keyboard I've shipped through UPS they opened the box and inspected the packing. However I stuck to their policy with the 2" packing just to play it safe, but what I'm saying is that if they inspected the box and said it was good to ship, then you should be able to get your money back. They're supposed to tell you before it ships that not having the 2" packing will completely void the reimbursment agreement(even if you have the insurance)

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#188459 - 10/07/02 01:51 PM Re: UPS DENIED - HELP!!!
dlstarry Offline

Loc: MN. U.S.A.
Sorry to hear about your trouble.

I own & operate a electric motor business & have trouble with
UPS shipping new motors, at least 75% of the time they are
smashed or bent up.
Now if they deliver a new motor to me I make the driver stay
till I open & make sure everything is OK.
For the last year & a half I try to have things shipped by
FedEx, I have had no trouble with them.

When I ordered my 9000 PRO the first 2 came in smashed
the 3rd one ended up in the state of Washington. & I live in MN.
So I told my dealer to have the next one sent by FedEx &
that one made the trip in perfect condition.
So I am NO fan of UPS.

If you had the extra Insurance I would think you would have
a good chance of getting paid.
Keep after them.
Wishing you the best of luck
Denny

#188460 - 10/07/02 02:22 PM Re: UPS DENIED - HELP!!!
Dnj Offline

what about the USPO priority mail?

#188461 - 10/07/02 04:05 PM Re: UPS DENIED - HELP!!!
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
HI Guy`s,
A few years back in ordered a "tuner" for my home system and when I received it would not work. So I called the place I purchased it and they asked if the box was damaged , and it was. So they said call UPS and file a claim. UPS adjuster came to my home and looked at the unit and it looked fine but it would not even turn on when pluged in. So they paid to have it sent back and I recived a new one and that one was "OK". And about 6 months after , right out of the blue , UPS pulls up to my door and hands me a package !!! And it was another "AM/FM tuner", come to find out UPS paid for the damage and the place where I bought it (no longer in biz ) must have either got there "wires crossed" or just figured I`d like a spare
Moral of "post" : You are in the right , UPS ,takes any package and "throws" it on there truck , they don`t care and I don`t think they ever will. They ship soooo many items that a few complaints is "no big deal" but of course it should be !
jedi
O-BTW , I don`t like to use UPS but sometimes there is little choice. Some places just ship so much that to go "Fed-Ex" is just not an option
If I had a choice , I`d never see that "big brown truck" in my driveway again !!!!

#188462 - 10/07/02 04:44 PM Re: UPS DENIED - HELP!!!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I have been using UPS for business shipping for20 years[one claim, damaged Korg keyboard, they satisfied the customer]..I hope my luck continues, knock on wood..BTW , I am going to email Donny a picture of my UPS driver, he can post it, alright Donny...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online