SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#99998 - 10/08/02 11:41 AM Question re: Tyros Speakers
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
1) What are the weight & dimensions of the Yamaha Tyros (TRS-MS01) speakers & keyboard stand?

a) Satellite Speakers (2)
b) Sub Woofer Unit
c) Tyros Stand

2) Exactly HOW do the Sub Woofer & Satellite speakers attach to the Tyros Stand and keyboard? Does it require any special tools (screwdriver?). How much time and effort does it take?

3) Does Yamaha offer a special carrying case where BOTH the Sub Woofer & Satellite units could be carried together, providing a safe, convenient way to transport the speakers in one case?

Thanks in advance for info on this.

Scott

#99999 - 10/08/02 04:03 PM Re: Question re: Tyros Speakers
svpworld Offline

Loc: UK
The Tyros itself weighs 12.4 kg, the sub woofer weighs approximately 8kg and the satellite speakers around 0.7kg each. I am not sure about the weight or dim's of the L7S stand. Keyboard dimensions without music rest etc are 1140 x 428 x 137mm. The subwoofer is 350 x 210 x 321 mm whilst the satellite speakers are 97 x 159 x 178 mm. All these sizes and weights are as given by yamaha, not actually measured.

The subwoofer sits on the floor, it doesnt mechanically attach to anything. The satellite speakers attach to small brackets which screw onto the rear of the Tyros with 2 screws each. You would need a screwdriver and a few minutes to attach them (though the brackets could be left screwed to the Tyros and the speakers removed simply by releasing their catches)

There is no specific case to carry the speaker system that I know of, but you could get one either made by a custom flight case company. Or.. just use the original box!
You would need first to see if the volume level is sufficient for your needs from the Tyros TRS-MS01 package.

------------------
http://www.svpworld.com

#100000 - 10/08/02 06:24 PM Re: Question re: Tyros Speakers
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Simon,

Many thanks for your highly informative answers. It sounds like setting up the speakers (as monitors) will be easier than I had initally suspected, though 17 lb (12.5 kg) subwoofers are a bit heavier to drag along than I would have perfered. I assume that you can't substitute another (lighter weight) brand sub woofer, yet still use the Tyros satellite speakers, right?

You say that the subwoofer sits directly on the floor. I guess the pictures I've seen of the TyrosL
http://yamaha.com/cgi-win/webcgi.exe/DsplyModel/?gPPK00005TYROS

gave me the false impression the subwoofer was attached to the Tyros stand (seeming to appear above the floor), so I'm GLAD to hear that this is NOT the case.

Thanks again,

Scott

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online