I wrote a letter to Mark Anderson of Yamaha requesting that Yamaha either puts in more flash memory into the coming PSR2100 or implements flash card memory via the USB connection. I mentioned how inconvenient it is to be changing floppies during a performance and how simple and cheap it would be for Yamaha to put in an 8mb chip as opposed to a 2mb chip. Mark was kind enough to reply:

Dear Larry:
In regards to your recommendation that we increase the memory capacity of the PSR2100, I regret to inform you that it is too late to make any changes to this model. In your letter you mention that you are getting a little tired of swapping floppies during a performance and I can certainly agree with this. You should know that I did forward your request to the engineers in Japan with an explanation of why you felt that the Flash ROM size should be increased, so your request has been heard.
On the plus side, I can tell you that that PSR2100 has great sound, some new styles and the USB connection, which opens up the keyboard to the File Utility software from Yamaha.
In closing, thank you for taking the time to send me the letter. It's always great to hear from musicians that put our keyboards to work and changes that they would like to see. I do monitor many of the forums on the Internet and Customer Support comes to talk to me about once a week to keep me up to date as well. I will keep your request in mind for future products.
Sincerely,

Mark Anderson ;
Assistant Manager Portable Keyboard Products Pro Audio & Combo Division Yamaha Corporation of America

Thank you Mark for replying.

Beakybird