SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#188170 - 09/17/06 07:28 PM More than one Keyboard for Performance
Vadim Offline

How many of you guys use more than one keyboard when performing? Or maybe a keyboard and an electronic drum by the side or a drum machine ( but not in the way that you just use the drum machine to push Play on it and thats it, but actually playing something on it)

For me one Keyboard isn't always enough, even when i force to do that performance just on one arranger keyboard, there's to much hassle in switching between user programs, sounds, styles, keyboard modes...

#188171 - 09/17/06 09:16 PM Re: More than one Keyboard for Performance
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hi:

I understand your topic very well, myself as a former organist I am use to play several keyboards, when I change into the arranger keyboards, I like to perform with 2 arrangers, I use my T2 and my Korg PA60, that I just sold to a colleage here in Phoenix, for now I am playing only one keyboard and I find myself a little short in resourses, simply, by changing my right hand I have another sound and so on, and now I will be waiting for the release of the PA800.
Here in this link a picture http://members.cox.net/arizonaballroom/Manuel.html

Using 2 keyboards is more to carry and more conections, but to me, is worth the effort, I enjoy having a great pallete of styles, sounds, functions, etc...and as everybody knows, every brand has it's strengths and weakness, this way I kind of cover what styles are better for one thing than the other and viceversa.

#188172 - 09/18/06 06:33 AM Re: More than one Keyboard for Performance
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I generally use more than one keyboard on my house jobs. I'm now using an Hammond XB-2 on the bottom and a Solton MS 60 on the top. When my new Casio 8000 gets here, I'll put it on my right hand. The Solton will be replaced with an SD-5 when it is available. Use the XB 2 for left-handed bass.

On my one-nighters, I sometimes just use my MS-60. Rarely, I add an old Yamaha tone generator and whatever midi keyboard is the lightest on a top tier.

Russ

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online