SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#188083 - 11/24/01 07:06 AM PSR2000: suggestions for the next OS
markod Offline

Loc: ljubljana,Slovenia
Hi, after a month with a 2k I still enjoy it. I think It is also a time to create some suggestions for Yamaha, what to improve in the next OS (when will this happen?). Here are my ideas:

1. intro, ending type and sync start/stop settings should be saved in Reg.memory.
2. disk style, voice or song should also be saved in Reg. memory.
3. add ability to programm OTS.
4. settle the interrupt in sounding when changing voices.
5. add a feature that when muting a song part with Track 1 or 2 button, you could automatically play that voice on a keyboard.
6. Is it possible to assign a name to Reg. memories 1-8? How can I remember the settings by numbers?
7. Some advanced sound editing maybe?
8. Style editing: I miss PART COPY command from PSR9000 - saves a lot of time.
9. Please give us back DRUM EXCHANGE feature from the PSR8000.
10. Style assembly could be quicker and FAR more fun if the sounding of the part would change (start) after pressing style name only once. Now we have to return to the assembly screen to hear the result. PLEASE Yamaha, something like this was implemented on the old QS300.

Please send some comments and add some wishes. How can we send this to Yamaha? And I know, they listen.

Marko (still enjoying 2k)

#188084 - 11/24/01 07:33 AM Re: PSR2000: suggestions for the next OS
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Marko,
I have fowarded your requests to the product manager at Yamaha Corp., USA. I know he listens and passes information to the developers.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#188085 - 11/24/01 09:39 AM Re: PSR2000: suggestions for the next OS
Beakybird Offline

As people can tell by my previous postings, I'm rather bummed out that the PSR 2000 doesn't have immediate access to the count-in intro. This intro is invaluable for breaks within songs.

I would like for Yamaha to find a way to activate this intro without having to go through menus on the display. How about whenever the BREAK and INTRO buttons are pressed simultaneously, this would activate the count-intro.

A less desirable option would be a footpedal option for the count-intro.

Another suggestion would be to be able to have OTS associated with floppy styles.

It would be wonderful also if Yamaha developed a modest 5, 6, or 7 button midi footpedal for use with the PSR 2000. This, especially since the harmony button is so far away from the keys.

Another beef is when I'm playing a style and I want to turn one part down. When I press MIXING CONSOLE, I should immediately be able to start turning up or down style parts. But the default parameter when the MIXING CONSOLE button is pressed is for revoice. I have to select E in order to begin adjusting volumes. The default parameter when MIXING CONSOLE is pressed should be for part volume because this is the most critical thing during a live gig.

Mic reverb settings should be accessible within the MIC SETTINGS display, especially since there is some empty space in this display.

Yes, there should be a way to press a registration in the display and call up the eight songs or parameters associated with each button.

There should be a default global setting that can be saved so that when you turn on the keyboard, everything is set just perfectly for the individual user.

So, George, please pass along my ideas if they seem at all practicable.

Yamaha should listen to me, as I recently purchased two PSR 2000s.

Larry

#188086 - 11/24/01 11:10 AM Re: PSR2000: suggestions for the next OS
markod Offline

George, thanks - that was fast.

Beakybird, I agree with most of your comments except the one about muting parts when playing live. It is very simple - just press CHANNEL ON/OFF button and don't bother with the mixer.
Do you know that if you call mixer from the style editor it adjusts only one section of the style, while calling it from the main menu adjusts all sections at the same time.

Marko

#188087 - 11/24/01 11:31 AM Re: PSR2000: suggestions for the next OS
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
You can name each Registration Memory. You can display the contents of a bank, by pressing Direct Access, then any reg. number.
DonM

#188088 - 11/24/01 12:25 PM Re: PSR2000: suggestions for the next OS
Beakybird Offline

Thanks for the heads up about the part on/off. Yes, you can name each registration memory bank. But each bank is for eight registration buttons. It would be good to call up what each button is for so one wouldn't have to tape notes to their keyboard.

Larry

#188089 - 11/24/01 12:36 PM Re: PSR2000: suggestions for the next OS
mbl Offline

Loc: el paso tx
Hi friends,

Just a suggestion:

All arrangers should have and UN-DO button so when one hits the wrong button, the UN-DO will bring everything back exactly to the previous settings.

This would be important for performance and also be good for when one is experimenting with settings.

Sometimes there's no way for one to know what setting just before were...

#188090 - 11/25/01 01:31 AM Re: PSR2000: suggestions for the next OS
markod Offline

DonM, thanks for the tip of the year!!! (at least for me )))).

BeakyBird, yes, you can name each memory button. In the Reg. bank screen press EDIT. Or you can press DIRECT ACCESS + any reg.memory button to select one. Really cool. DonM, thanks again.

Marko

#188091 - 11/25/01 02:17 AM Re: PSR2000: suggestions for the next OS
Beakybird Offline

Very cool indeed! Thank you Don M. So if my suggestions get passed to Yamaha, let it be minus that as well.

To summarize, I would like to see:

1. Immediate access to the count-intro, possibly by pressing BREAK and INTRO simultaneously, or having the intro automatically revert to count-intro once a style is in the main section.

2. A quicker way to turn off mic reverb.

3. Access to mic reverb controls from the MIC SETTING button

4. OTS associated with floppy styles.

5. Global default settings, so the keyboard turns on with the desired style, registration, mic, and pedal settings.

6. A rename option with files and folders.

7. Access to how many bytes of memory is left and how much memory a folder takes (Unless this feature takes up memory!).

Larry

#188092 - 11/25/01 07:43 AM Re: PSR2000: suggestions for the next OS
Datablues Offline

Loc: Nuernberg, Germany
Hi everybody...

maybe some more wishes from Germany (maybe George sent this alrady to Yamaha)...

* Display of the free Memory Space
* Effectchaining of DSP2-DSP4 for one panel voice (like multieffect function of the PSR740)
* Use of DSP1 at least for panel voice Main (as described in manual page 126, see routing of Main over DSP to DSP1 set to system effect)
* Correct name of the user sounds based on a OrganFlute. At the moment you see in the main screen only the name of the preset Organ Flute, your User OrganFlute is based on.
* Please let modulation wheel also control brightness and resonace, a function you find in the PSR740. This is much better for live performance!!
* Correct bug in User Effect. If you store a selfmade effect setting as a user effect (total of 3 for DSP1, total of 10 for DSP2-DSP4) and recall it to edit some values the screen shows an empty parameter list.

By the way...I found a hidden test...

press C#2, F2, G#2 during power on => a test screen will be shown => press style control START/STOP (you see version numbers) => press START/STOP again, than you see the actual selected test. To scroll through the different tests (55!), press tempo UP/DOWN, to start/end a certain test press START/STOP

Greetings from Germany

Datablues

Datablues

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online