SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#187751 - 11/20/00 02:24 PM Questions about Korg PA-80 and Yamaha PSR9000 Pro? ASK ME!
Ilija Petkovski Offline

Loc: Apeldoorn
Dear member!

25th November there will be a big demonstration in Dronten about keyboards and other key-instrument.
The 9000PRO expert will be there, so I would like to ask the people here. If i decide to go (chances are 50%) what questions do you want me to ask the person? What do you want to know about the PSR9000 pro?

I have heard some rumours that the new PA-80 will be demonstrated!!!

I will keep you informed (again Netherlands the first country in the world????).

You all now at least know Holland because of the Climate Conference in Den Hague.

Please aks or mail me ALL questions and I will see to it that they will be answered!!

(if I am there that is).

****DISCLAIMER*****
I will take no liability for anything!

))) hehe

Ilija

#187752 - 11/20/00 03:18 PM Re: Questions about Korg PA-80 and Yamaha PSR9000 Pro? ASK ME!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Ilija,

Yamaha PSR9000-Pro Questions:

1)What is the keyboard's TOTAL WEIGHT?

2)What are the keyboard's DIMENSIONS (length, width, depth)?

3)Hard Drive capabilities? How much $ for the optional hard drive? Possible to edit/move hard drive data 'directly' from the PSR9000-Pro keyboard or only from an external PC computer?

4)"New" PSR9000-Pro Acoustic Piano sample: What acoustic piano was it sampled from?Length and quality of the sample?

5)Synth-Action "weighted" keys? How much weighted resistance is there? Please compare keyboard action to other arranger keyboards.

6)Polyphony (126 voice): Uncle Dave had mentioned that the PSR9000 suffers from serious polyphony problems because some of the better sounding patches use multiple voices which eat up lots of polyphony thus causing you to potentially lose notes even if you just played a piano patch with strings. Is this actually a potential problem on the PSR9000-Pro?

Korg PA-80 Questions:

1)What is the keyboard's TOTAL WEIGHT?

2)What are the keyboard's DIMENSIONS (length, width, depth)?

3)Optional hard drive available? Size? How much $ for an (optional?) hard drive? Possible to edit/move hard drive data 'directly' from the PA80 keyboard or only from an external PC computer?

4)Acoustic Piano sample: What acoustic piano was it sampled from? Length and quality of the sample?

5)Synth-Action "weighted" keys? How much weighted resistance is there? Please compare keyboard action to other arranger keyboards.

6)Polyphony (number of notes or voices)?

7)Will the Korg PA-80 support advanced rootless chord voicing recognition (in full keyboard or split keyboard mode) that are currently supported by the Yamaha PSR9000, PSR9000-pro and Technics KN50000, KN6000? Namely:

F-C-E = Dm7(9)
F-B-E = G13
E-A-D = C6/9

Two-handed voicing = F13
G-C-F (right hand)
Eb-A-D (left hand)

Please check if the "above chord voicings" are recognized and interpreted as above by the PA-80.

Thanks,

Scott

PS:
Ilija, thanks for sharing your great pics with us. Hope others of you out there will not be too "chicken" to post your self pics as well. We're among friends here.

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 11-20-2000).]

#187753 - 11/20/00 03:18 PM Re: Questions about Korg PA-80 and Yamaha PSR9000 Pro? ASK ME!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Please ask if it can play multiple midi files, or a chain of midis.
Thanks,
Don

#187754 - 11/20/00 08:06 PM Re: Questions about Korg PA-80 and Yamaha PSR9000 Pro? ASK ME!
Dnj Offline

Ilija,
take pics and post them here if you go!!!

donny

#187755 - 11/20/00 11:04 PM Re: Questions about Korg PA-80 and Yamaha PSR9000 Pro? ASK ME!
Shakil Offline

Hi Ilija
9000PRO
1- I know it has better piano, but ask them if they upgraded the lame dance/techno kits. They are the same as in my PSR510.

2- They talk about better synth engine. Please ask them what kind of improvements they made.

3- Will you be able to EDIT the sounds from on the PLUGIN card, like the AN1 card. And then save them as Custom Sound on 9000PRO?
Also, what kind on interface will it have?

4- Any more memory locations for Custom Sound?

5- Are the Arabic drums improved? they were of very low LEVEL in PRS9000. Are there any new ethinc drums other than those latin.

6- Ask who designed the most beautiful arranger, and congratulate him/her.

KORG PA80
1- Ask them about any fine print. KORG is very good at it.

2- How does the synth engine differ from TRITON

3- Does the sequencer record/play sysex?

4- Will it be able to load TRITON sounds?

5- How's the custom style creation funtions?

thanks.

#187756 - 11/21/00 11:10 AM Re: Questions about Korg PA-80 and Yamaha PSR9000 Pro? ASK ME!
Ilija Petkovski Offline

Loc: Apeldoorn
OK these are enough questions I think.
When I am there I will see to it that they are answered.

Ilija

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online