SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#187615 - 10/04/04 04:07 AM Re: Behringer PMX2000 & PMH880S, 500 vs 800 watts
OldNewb Offline

Loc: Shorewood Wi. USA
my older stereo powered mixer also has np pan control. What is expected is that one input the main volume is used and the other input of a stereo signal the monitor send is used thus wala, stereo. Not the best scenerio but it does work ok. You just can not control things such as hard right or hard left or soft right and left. Ya know?

Pan controls are much more functional but the main/monitor will work as stereo.

------------------
The old Newb

#187616 - 10/04/04 04:52 AM Re: Behringer PMX2000 & PMH880S, 500 vs 800 watts
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex K:
Perhaps, but how do you pan the mono channels? It is extremely important to be able to do that for your individual inputs, unless you are physically bunching up all the people using the microphones in the center of the stage.

If you PAN your inputs, then you are trying to control the natural panning and stereo separation of the samples coming from the keyboard. If you PAN a Rhodes Piano sample, the impending bouncing of the sound from right to left and vica-versa will become un-natural. If you listen to some drum samples, the high hat will pan left, the toms will go from left to right like an acoustic kit. You'll go crazy trying to adjust stereo panning deflection to the crowd.

I use natural panning by positioning my speakers in the most appropriate location. I point the left speaker to the right, and the right speaker to the left. I always position myself in the middle of the two.

Also, with the PMX, each channel left and right has it's own dedicated Equalizer so you could tweak the sound that way if you so wish.

For the money, the PMX is an outstanding purchase for keyboard players.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online