SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#95383 - 10/03/04 06:34 AM Do SMOKE-EATERS work?
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
A bar I have played at, the owner (smoker) admits that "Yeah, even the smokers are complaining," about the cig smoke level. He's getting two Smoke-Eaters. I don't know how much they cost but I think it's thousands. I have never seen these things work well. Have you? Maybe they're better these days. If they suck, I'm gonna tip him off, maybe he can cancel and buy something else cuz he does want to make it better and I do like this bar. It's not small. I'd say 4-6,000 square feet.

You would think someone would invent something that truly works.

#95384 - 10/03/04 06:41 AM Re: Do SMOKE-EATERS work?
Dnj Offline

Around here there is a NO Smoking Law in mostly any Bar/Restaurant...that pretty much solves that problem. Best thing they ever did.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-03-2004).]

#95385 - 10/03/04 06:59 AM Re: Do SMOKE-EATERS work?
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I played at an American Legion in Havre de Grace, MD for six years that had a pair of them--they were worthless. The cost was about $3000 apiece, the place was about 2000 square feet in size, and there were times when I came in to set up that you would have throught the building was on fire because of all the smoke coming out thte doors.

The eventually put in a large exhaust fan that did a much better job of smoke removal, but nothing short of a smoking ban solves the problem.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#95386 - 10/03/04 09:41 AM Re: Do SMOKE-EATERS work?
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
i bought an ioniser,when they first came out £20(i,m not sure if this is the same thing you are talking about)for home they work but very slow.18 months ago i bought a later version ionic breeze 3.0 silent air purifier £150 and it worked A LOT BETTER,but again that was for a home environment,he would probably need quite a lot of these or industrial ones,not only do they clean the air but they also reduce the amount of tar and dust sticking to the walls, ceiling and furniture,the later models are much better.iv,e just broken mine so i doubt if i will be replacing it for a long while,(they have to be cleaned often as well)mike

[This message has been edited by nardoni2002 (edited 10-03-2004).]

[This message has been edited by nardoni2002 (edited 10-03-2004).]

#95387 - 10/03/04 11:50 AM Re: Do SMOKE-EATERS work?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Best solution, and WAY less expensive, is to install a couple of small exhaust fans to pull the smoke out. The smoke eaters I have used are next to useless, require almost daily cleaning and not worth the expense.
DonM

#95388 - 10/03/04 12:00 PM Re: Do SMOKE-EATERS work?
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Best solution, and WAY less expensive, is to install a couple of small exhaust fans to pull the smoke out. The smoke eaters I have used are next to useless, require almost daily cleaning and not worth the expense.
DonM

I used to play poker in a regular game. The game room was maybe 500 sq ft. The owner bought a big smoke eater. Seems like it was $3,000. It did NOT work. I mean, not that many people smoking and it couldn't even do it. It was literally worthless. How the heck can those sell those things? I'm afraid it's a gimmick but I was hoping, for my friend, that they have improved.

#95389 - 10/03/04 08:00 PM Re: Do SMOKE-EATERS work?
Arthur R. Jacobs Offline

Loc: Alma, Michigan, 48801 USA
Air Cleaner Facts: Check the Consumer Report on home Air Cleaners, as I did. They tested 25 Air Cleaners currently on the market. Ionic Breeze, rated 24th out of the 25. Funny how advertising makes it one of the best sellers out there for $350.00. I wonder if this applies to Keyboards?
ARJ

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online