SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#187505 - 11/02/05 11:28 AM My new PA1X Pro is in the house!!
ccdmax Offline

Loc: South Jersey
Well, I just got a call from my wife that my PA1X Pro arrived!!

Thank you DanO!!!

Now I can't wait to get back home
I have a feeling it will sound better than this:
www.cdpcomputer.com/music/demo1.mp3

(that's my last song recorded with current setup)
Anyway, any comments are appreciated...
they will keep me occupied 'cause I want to go home!

cheers,

------------------
Yamaha PSR9000, PSR730, Korg PA1X Pro, Karma, X5D, Yamaha Tyros2 on it's way smile

#187506 - 11/02/05 11:35 AM Re: My new PA1X Pro is in the house!!
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
ccdmax,
congratulations for your new keyboard. I know that you will put it to good use.
Speaking of which, I like a lot your song (demo 1): care to share the details? Keyboards used, recording technique, etc.

#187507 - 11/02/05 11:59 AM Re: My new PA1X Pro is in the house!!
ccdmax Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
ccdmax,
congratulations for your new keyboard. I know that you will put it to good use.
Speaking of which, I like a lot your song (demo 1): care to share the details? Keyboards used, recording technique, etc.

Thanks Dreamer for your kind words
The song is a combination of PSR9000 and Korg Karma playing in perfect sync
I have used Cakewalk Sonar with Audigy card.

Right now I have moved to E-MU 1616m with a Laptop based Studio, so new keys and a pro sound card should sound much better. The only thing is I'm not sure what to upgrade my software to, will it be Sonar5 or Cubase SX3

Thanks again,

ccdmax

------------------
Yamaha PSR9000, PSR730, Korg PA1X Pro, Karma, X5D, Yamaha Tyros2 on it's way smile

#187508 - 11/02/05 07:25 PM Re: My new PA1X Pro is in the house!!
ccdmax Offline

Just an update...

I love my PA1X Pro!!!!
Being my first Korg Arranger... it is waaaay different than the Yamahas I own and have owned. There are so many different features but since I own and owned different Korgs, didn't have any trouble using the OS. Actually I feel right at home.
It has been way over 5 hours since I've got home... and I can't stop playing it!

All I need now is my Tyros2 and I'll be a happy camper...

cheers,

ccdmax

------------------

#187509 - 11/03/05 04:06 AM Re: My new PA1X Pro is in the house!!
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
i just knew you were gonna love it. If i were married i am sure mine would be cited in divotrce papers !!

#187510 - 11/03/05 04:06 AM Re: My new PA1X Pro is in the house!!
silva Offline

Loc: Lisbon, Portugal
Opps
Double post

[This message has been edited by silva (edited 11-03-2005).]

#187511 - 11/03/05 04:08 AM Re: My new PA1X Pro is in the house!!
silva Offline

Loc: Lisbon, Portugal
Hi ccdmax
Congrats for your new toy. Don´t forget to:
- upload the new OS 2.52 and Musical Resources 2.50. http://www.korgpa.com/pa_root/en/products/pa1xpro_soft.html?en
- upload SongBook Editor ver. 1.1.0;
- upload some styles and Pads on: http://www.korgforums.com/mambo/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=27
http://www.korgpa.com/pa_root/en/extra/muscorner_bonusware.html?en
and
- new SongBook file from Carillon Studio http://www.carillonstudios.ndirect.co.uk/korg_info.htm

- finally put your questions on http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=35

Regards
Franky

[This message has been edited by silva (edited 11-03-2005).]

#187512 - 11/03/05 05:47 AM Re: My new PA1X Pro is in the house!!
ccdmax Offline

Thanks Franky!
I will do that as soon as I get home tonight. I really appreciate this. Thank you sooo much for all the links.

Spalding... I'm in love with my PA1X Pro

I'm telling you guys, I have owned many many keyboards in my life (have played them for 23 years now)... and I have never ever loved or have I been blown away by any of them...
except the PA1X Pro.
I don't know yet how I will love my Tyros2... but one thing I know for sure... right now If I had to be left with only one keyboard for the rest of my life... you bet my choice would be without blinking... PA1X Pro

Thank you guys so much for all your kind words and for helping me discover the Korg arranger world.

cheers,

ccdmax

------------------

#187513 - 11/03/05 10:20 AM Re: My new PA1X Pro is in the house!!
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by ccdmax:

Spalding... I'm in love with my PA1X Pro

I'm telling you guys, I have owned many many keyboards in my life (have played them for 23 years now)... and I have never ever loved or have I been blown away by any of them...
except the PA1X Pro.
I don't know yet how I will love my Tyros2... but one thing I know for sure... right now If I had to be left with only one keyboard for the rest of my life... you bet my choice would be without blinking... PA1X Pro

[/B]

Take Deep breaths, think of a quiet Sunday Afternoon in the country and slowly relax, letting the calmness flow over you.
I mean you wouldn’t like to be taken to hospital suffering from Over Enthusiasm, and having to leave your PA1x all alone without your devoted friendship.

Bill

#187514 - 11/03/05 12:56 PM Re: My new PA1X Pro is in the house!!
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by ccdmax:
Just an update...

I love my PA1X Pro!!!!
Being my first Korg Arranger... it is waaaay different than the Yamahas I own and have owned. There are so many different features but since I own and owned different Korgs, didn't have any trouble using the OS. Actually I feel right at home.

ccdmax,

Congratulations on the PA1X pro!!

I was in a GC store today and they had a PA1X pro,on display I found it to be a nice board! I couldn't spend much time in the store exploring the board so it was kind of quick once over. I've never owned a Korg, but I found the the OS easy enough to use. I liked the key feel and of course having 76 keys is a real plus. Good luck with it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online