SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#18747 - 05/29/99 03:45 PM Ns5r Bank Select in Logic
Anonymous
Unregistered

How can I select one bank of my Korg Ns5r in Logic ? In VST I simply had to multiply the MSB number with 128 and got it. The maximum value in Logicīs bank select menu is 62. So, please, how does this work?

#18748 - 06/14/99 10:06 AM Re: Ns5r Bank Select in Logic
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi, Kind.
I just switched over to Logic and I can't come across an "environment" for the NS5R either. If you find something, will you please email me with it's location; I'll do likewise.
Thanks.
Jim

#18749 - 06/16/99 02:49 AM Re: Ns5r Bank Select in Logic
Ward Music Offline

Loc: Vancouver, B.C. Canada
The NS5R (and all other synths) use two bank select messages. The bank 0 is used to select the MSB, or Most Significant Bit and 32 is used to select the LSB or Least Significant Bit. On Cubase, you multiplied the MSB*128 to get the number. A multi-type instrument in Logic can be set to only use the MSB, or controller 0. But, this is still a problem for numbers larger than 62. I would use a set of transformers wired inline with the Multi-type instrument. The instrument would be set up to just handle successive banks, as they appear in the book, and the transformer would change the Bank Select message from Bank 1 to 79, Bank 2 to 120 (just as an example). This is not the easiest thing to work out, but once you get the banks working, you only have to do it ONCE!

Steve Martin
Ward Music Ltd.

#18750 - 06/16/99 11:21 AM Re: Ns5r Bank Select in Logic
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanx a lot, Steve.

Hi JFinster.
I have just a simple selfmade environment for the ns5r. Just leave a message if you want it.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online