SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#187081 - 01/18/04 09:31 AM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
It's just a matter of hours now. Since I'm trying to suck up to Dave because of the laptop deal I'm trying to do with him, I hope the Eagles win so he'll be in a good mood and take care of me on the swap deal. He's supposed to start tomorrow setting up the laptop for me.

He said it's a 1969 IBM compatible 10MHZ with a 514" floppy DOS system. He said it's a 6" black and white sreen which is easier to see using Cakewalk home studio 1 and ver 2 of BIAB that he's going to install for me.

Does this sound like a good swap to you guys. I don't know much about laptops. He gave me an option of painting the case beige if I don't like yellow.

Please respond with any comments ASAP as I need to know what to do by tomorrow night.

Foolin with Dave is fun. You guys should try it. Sometimes it's the only thing that makes my day, and I think Fran enjoys foolin with Dave too I've noticed.

Dave gets mad but he forgives. I wonder if he forgets too. I may want to make another swap deal with him later for my Roller PA and Nano Verb. There's no way he'd want anything as antiquated as a Nano Verb,eh?

#187082 - 01/18/04 09:57 AM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Boo you can't go wrong on a genuine IBM compatible like that. It's most likely a collector's item. Maybe you can trade him a brick from some old building you built!
DonM

#187083 - 01/18/04 03:07 PM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
Dnj Offline

Hey Boo...I knew Manning couldnt do it in the trenches!!!!! hahahahahaha.....

#187084 - 01/18/04 05:33 PM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Now, lets see if Donovan can[with bad ribs] Too bad Koy did not take enough reps to be effective when[if] they need him...New England is the team to beat anyway..

#187085 - 01/18/04 05:43 PM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
Dnj Offline

Ya gotta believe......its too close to call!

#187086 - 01/18/04 06:48 PM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
How do you spell E-A-G-L-E-S? P-A-N-T-H-E-R-S that's how!

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#187087 - 01/18/04 06:55 PM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Boo Hoo ..... sigh ....... gasp.
Good Luck Panthers !

#187088 - 01/18/04 07:07 PM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I thought the Eagles defense played well, in fact well enough to win...The offense, another story..the WR's couldn't play with the rough play of Panthers "D"..although there should have been many more flags for illeagal contact..they needed to make a better effort...McNabb's injury[a cheap shot with no flag]..dictated the game's results..Koy giving a real chance can play in this sport..Panthers did earn the win, but officials had a say in the win...Don't look for the same result in the Super Bowl...New England is for real, and Brady can win games..

#187089 - 01/18/04 07:13 PM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
Dnj Offline

#187090 - 01/18/04 08:00 PM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Sorry but like the Packers (one of my Teams) the Broncos and a bunch of others, and the Eagles are at best a little above average. The ball must have bounced their way an awful lot of times this season to win all of those games.

You have to expect that the ball will bounce the other way sometimes. Only a very good team can overcome bad bounces. Maybe last year and year before last the Eagles were better.

I'd dump McNabb while he's worth something. Running when you have to is one thing. This guy runs either for the fun of it or to show off. Every play could be his last. In any event he will always be hurt.

It's fun to watch a player like him, but theres never been any future for most of the guys that play quarterback that way. Running backs for the most part with very few exceptions are usually below average at 31, 32 for sure.

A good stand up quarter back is boring to watch but is productive until 36 or maybe 38. Remember Joe Montana he played for quite a while so did Elway and Marino. Remember Joe Capp. He had one or two good years with Minnesota and then disappeared.

The only guy who hung around and played long enough running as a quarterbackh was Fran Tarkenton. He even set some long standing records. But he was more elusive than McNabb. Fran didn't try to run over people.

Like I said dump McNabb before it's too late. You guys really don't expect to be using a crippled quarterback very long, eh?

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online