SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#187071 - 01/14/04 04:16 PM Might be beter to lose now!!
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
I don't know if I'd want my team playing the Colts in the super bowl. If the Colts play first and win, it might pay to bow out and lose the confrence championship and let the other team face the Colts. I'd take my chances playing New England, but not the Colts.

They don't even punt! They just score points. If you can't score 40 points against them, there's no point in even showing up.

#187072 - 01/15/04 10:07 PM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Colts ..... hee hee.
(hee haw)

3 of the best quartebacks in the league are playing this weekend.... and they're all playing well.

Both AFC teams are playing above their heads right now, but the balanced, methodical, TEAM effort that Andy's boys play will rise to the top. You'll see. No superstars needed. One guy goes down - put another in his place. We have interchangable parts to this team.
If the Eagles don't make it to "the dance" .... then I'll sell my kn7000.

Like I won't anyway ........ hee hee

#187073 - 01/15/04 10:08 PM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
Uncle Dave Offline

It's like Freddy Mitchell said .....

"We don't need fate - we got FIVE"

Donny Mac, baby !

#187074 - 01/16/04 08:13 AM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
brickboo Offline

The Eagles will play hell trying to beat a mediocre Carolina team this weekend. The Colts will blow the Eagles out like a candle if it comes to that. New England can handle the Eagles too. Make no mistake.

All the big Eagle talk in Philly won't help. The game is won on the field. The whole NFC is behind the AFC at present. That makes me mad! I've always been an NFC fan.

Everything changes. Just not as often as UD does gear! Ha! Ha!

#187075 - 01/16/04 08:21 AM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
Uncle Dave Offline

Boo ...... Boo.........
You GOTTA believe ! The game is won in the HEARTS of the players. It starts as a game, remember. It's chance - it's strategy - it's timing - it's so many more things than a hot quarterback !

#187076 - 01/16/04 09:03 AM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
Dnj Offline

Manning will kiss the Turf more then once for sure against the Eagles.....!!

#187077 - 01/16/04 09:30 AM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
The Eagles ???
OH, they're good, many many good songs, such as
New kid in town, Hotel California, Desperado and.....

GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#187078 - 01/17/04 01:20 AM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
Uncle Dave Offline

The Philly sports talk radio station has been playing a recording of the Eagle's fight song ...
sung by the Morman Tabernacle Choir !
Now THAT's a lot of pull to get the big boys in on the Superbowl fever ! Word has it that the coach's wife got them to record it for the guys. Tammmy's a sweetheart, huh ?

#187079 - 01/17/04 07:44 AM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
brickboo Offline

My last thought on this subject.
HA! Ha! HA! Ha! HA! Ha! HA! Ha! HA! Ha! HA! Ha! HA! Ha! HA! Ha! HA! Ha! HA! Ha! HA! Ha! HA! Ha! HA! Ha! HA! Ha! HA! Ha! HA! Ha! HA! Ha! HA! Ha! HA! Ha! HA! Ha! HA! Ha! HA! Ha!HA! Ha! HA! Ha! HA! Ha! HA! Ha! HA! Ha! HA! Ha! HA! Ha! HA! Ha! HA! Ha! HA! Ha! HA! Ha!

#187080 - 01/17/04 07:46 AM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
seanbaker Offline

speaking of the Colts, I'm sitting here at my desk at work which is connected by skywalk to the RCA dome, home of the colts. Anyone else here from Indy?

#187081 - 01/18/04 09:31 AM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
brickboo Offline

It's just a matter of hours now. Since I'm trying to suck up to Dave because of the laptop deal I'm trying to do with him, I hope the Eagles win so he'll be in a good mood and take care of me on the swap deal. He's supposed to start tomorrow setting up the laptop for me.

He said it's a 1969 IBM compatible 10MHZ with a 514" floppy DOS system. He said it's a 6" black and white sreen which is easier to see using Cakewalk home studio 1 and ver 2 of BIAB that he's going to install for me.

Does this sound like a good swap to you guys. I don't know much about laptops. He gave me an option of painting the case beige if I don't like yellow.

Please respond with any comments ASAP as I need to know what to do by tomorrow night.

Foolin with Dave is fun. You guys should try it. Sometimes it's the only thing that makes my day, and I think Fran enjoys foolin with Dave too I've noticed.

Dave gets mad but he forgives. I wonder if he forgets too. I may want to make another swap deal with him later for my Roller PA and Nano Verb. There's no way he'd want anything as antiquated as a Nano Verb,eh?

#187082 - 01/18/04 09:57 AM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Boo you can't go wrong on a genuine IBM compatible like that. It's most likely a collector's item. Maybe you can trade him a brick from some old building you built!
DonM

#187083 - 01/18/04 03:07 PM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
Dnj Offline

Hey Boo...I knew Manning couldnt do it in the trenches!!!!! hahahahahaha.....

#187084 - 01/18/04 05:33 PM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Now, lets see if Donovan can[with bad ribs] Too bad Koy did not take enough reps to be effective when[if] they need him...New England is the team to beat anyway..

#187085 - 01/18/04 05:43 PM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
Dnj Offline

Ya gotta believe......its too close to call!

#187086 - 01/18/04 06:48 PM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
How do you spell E-A-G-L-E-S? P-A-N-T-H-E-R-S that's how!

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#187087 - 01/18/04 06:55 PM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
Uncle Dave Offline

Boo Hoo ..... sigh ....... gasp.
Good Luck Panthers !

#187088 - 01/18/04 07:07 PM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
Fran Carango Offline

I thought the Eagles defense played well, in fact well enough to win...The offense, another story..the WR's couldn't play with the rough play of Panthers "D"..although there should have been many more flags for illeagal contact..they needed to make a better effort...McNabb's injury[a cheap shot with no flag]..dictated the game's results..Koy giving a real chance can play in this sport..Panthers did earn the win, but officials had a say in the win...Don't look for the same result in the Super Bowl...New England is for real, and Brady can win games..

#187089 - 01/18/04 07:13 PM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
Dnj Offline

#187090 - 01/18/04 08:00 PM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
brickboo Offline

Sorry but like the Packers (one of my Teams) the Broncos and a bunch of others, and the Eagles are at best a little above average. The ball must have bounced their way an awful lot of times this season to win all of those games.

You have to expect that the ball will bounce the other way sometimes. Only a very good team can overcome bad bounces. Maybe last year and year before last the Eagles were better.

I'd dump McNabb while he's worth something. Running when you have to is one thing. This guy runs either for the fun of it or to show off. Every play could be his last. In any event he will always be hurt.

It's fun to watch a player like him, but theres never been any future for most of the guys that play quarterback that way. Running backs for the most part with very few exceptions are usually below average at 31, 32 for sure.

A good stand up quarter back is boring to watch but is productive until 36 or maybe 38. Remember Joe Montana he played for quite a while so did Elway and Marino. Remember Joe Capp. He had one or two good years with Minnesota and then disappeared.

The only guy who hung around and played long enough running as a quarterbackh was Fran Tarkenton. He even set some long standing records. But he was more elusive than McNabb. Fran didn't try to run over people.

Like I said dump McNabb before it's too late. You guys really don't expect to be using a crippled quarterback very long, eh?

#187091 - 01/19/04 05:32 AM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
Uncle Dave Offline

Donavan was hurt on a cheap shot....and he was IN the pocket. This year, he showed much more maturity and acuracy. Given a few recievers ..... he could advance even further. Philly won't give up on him just yet ! Andy Reid on the other hand ...... these fans can be brutal. He promised 5 years to get to the dance .... now what?

#187092 - 01/19/04 09:04 AM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
brickboo Offline

Donavan it seems stays hurt. I understand the cheap shot, but he gets hurt an awful lot getting hit and sacked. Wasn't he sacked like 7 or 8 times between Carolina and the Pack.

That along with running head on into a linebacker even if you weigh 240 lbs is not conducive to good health. Like I said, his career could end on any play anytime. Much sooner then Jake Delhomme, Favre, and others.

The same problem exist with Mike Vick and others. Exciting to watch play, but there's a very good chance that there won't be much of a future there. Every play with those type quartebacks is like spinning the roulette wheel. Hold your breath...

There are a few exceptions like Fran Tarkenton, but they are few and far in-between.

#187093 - 01/19/04 09:54 AM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
Uncle Dave Offline

The Pack Sacked the Mac 8 times alone, then the cats sent 'em down 4 more times yesterday. That's not HIS fault. Our front offensive line is kinda small.

#187094 - 01/19/04 09:55 AM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
Fran Carango Offline

Boo has some points...Westbrook would have helped in the last couple of games, both as a runner and reciever..a player like westbrook will extend the life of any quarterback.. I think the Eagles are consistently in the top 25% of the league, but Boo is right there were several games they could have and maybe should have lost..but winning those games make you a better team...BTW, Boo, Fran Tarkenton[one of my favorite QBs] ran out of fear, he never had the pleasure of a protective line..

#187095 - 01/19/04 09:58 AM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
Fran Carango Offline

Dave your home, Donny is home, and I am home.....Soooo why aren't we eating??

#187096 - 01/19/04 10:08 AM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
Uncle Dave Offline

Ally is also home (Martin Luther King Jr day) and we just ate .... but Donny hasn't heard the Bose yet ! ..........

#187097 - 01/19/04 10:30 AM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
DonM Offline

Can I come too?? I can be there by Wednesday if I leave now.
DonM

#187098 - 01/19/04 10:40 AM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
Dnj Offline

Everything is Iced Over here on the shore....but I'll get over there asap to eat, listen, sulk over our loss, and whatever with my Philly boyz ASAP!!!

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 01-19-2004).]

#187099 - 01/19/04 10:45 AM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
DonM Offline

Whooaa! I forgot about the cold. I'm cancelling the trip. It's cold here today--about 50.
DonM

#187100 - 01/19/04 11:38 AM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
Uncle Dave Offline

sissy...... brrrrrrrr

#187101 - 01/19/04 02:23 PM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
brickboo Offline

Hey Don come on out west. We've been over 32 at least 3 times this month in the middle of the day and it's only the 19th.

The best part is it hardly gets below 6 at night, so you won't sweat when you're really getting down on the keyboard.

#187102 - 01/19/04 03:09 PM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
Smokey Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hey,Brickboo
You forgot to tell 'em bout the fog.
smokey

#187103 - 01/19/04 04:41 PM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
brickboo Offline

Smokey,

How do you know about the fog?
Where do you live?
Not near Grand Junction,right?
Boo

#187104 - 01/19/04 06:18 PM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
DonM Offline

Well guys, it is 38 tonight. But the wind is gusting to well over 1 mph. I had to wear a jacket.
But it will warm up again tomorrow. We actually had a night or two below freezing this month.
DonM

#187105 - 01/19/04 06:21 PM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
Smokey Offline

Yup good ol' GJ

#187106 - 01/19/04 06:31 PM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
Smokey Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Smokey:
Now why did I do that? I hate smilies!

[This message has been edited by Smokey (edited 01-19-2004).]

#187107 - 01/19/04 06:48 PM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Danm, Key West sure looks good this time of year. Temp here this morning was 12, climbed to 23, now it's back to 15. The roads are covered with ice and salt, lost a couple jobs to the weather, and when this last cord of firewood is burned, I'm headin' south. Don Mason is a cruel man!

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#187108 - 01/19/04 07:18 PM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
DonM Offline

Gary, when you come, please leave that cold weather behind. We DO have a fireplace, but allot ourselves 12 logs a year.
My friend Hank and I are planning a big jam session when you get here.
Aren't we Hank?
By the way, Hank, when are you going to come out of the closet and register?
DonM

#187109 - 01/19/04 08:14 PM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I know the Eagles may have disappointed some of their fans, but at least they've has something to be excited about for the course of a few seasons. They should be good again next year.

Here in NY, last year was fun to watch, and we had hoped for another good ride this year, but early into it, our teams sudeenly turned into "Midgets" and "Paper Airplanes".

AJ

#187110 - 01/20/04 07:55 AM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
Uncle Dave Offline

AJ,
When you go 43 years without a championship, you get tired of celebrating "almost making it" to the big game.
Kermit said it best:
"It ain't EZ being green"

I will always be a home team supporter, but it's gettting hard to find things to celebrate about when you fall short in the end. Sigh ........ At least it's only a few months a year.

#187111 - 01/20/04 10:12 AM Re: Might be beter to lose now!!
brickboo Offline

Dave,

Become a Saints and or Cinncinati team fan for a couple of years and then switch back to the Eagles. You'll be in hogs heaven then. Sorry, I mean Eagles heaven.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online