SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#187060 - 11/22/04 08:28 AM Guitar Center
wizboy Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
I stopped by Guitar Centar yesterday and I was pretty interested in checking out the Triton Extreme. Nice Design, good sounds but I was also debating between Korg and the Fantom.
When I asked the return policy to one of the salesperson, he said 30 days, with a 15% restocking fee (???)
Now that's a lot of money for returning something you don't like at the end.

Then he went on and try to sell it to me, stating that he won't charge me restocking fee after all because he would be certain that I will not return the keyboard because it was such a good deal.

Of course, I didn't go for it since he wasn't even willing to make on note on the receipt, he just told me not to worry, he won't charge. (???)

Anyway, this policy seems to only apply on Pro Keyboard, for contemporary keyboards, they seem to refund 100% of your money, no restocking fees.

Just thought i'd share my experience.

Claude

#187061 - 11/22/04 09:53 AM Re: Guitar Center
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Claude,

I use the Triton Extreme 76 extensively and I love it. It's just great for gigging. So many sounds, so little opportunity to use them all!!!

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#187062 - 11/22/04 10:35 AM Re: Guitar Center
tigerfool Offline

Loc: kingston, RI USA
Claude, I do not think Guitar center charges restocking fee. At least in the North East area. You might have talked the wrong person.

#187063 - 11/22/04 02:08 PM Re: Guitar Center
wizboy Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
tigerfool,

I verified the information with the manager of the store and he did confirm that Guitar Centar charges 15% for restocking fees.

I came back home and looked at the back of the receipt of my previous purchase, it indeed did mention the return policy with restocking fees.

I guess they are experience too many returns but i still would like to get my full money back if i'm not satisfied with the keyboard.

Claude

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online