SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#186837 - 05/08/02 08:11 AM never played keyboard an i am looking for a casio wr 1630 any opinions
Anonymous
Unregistered

hi well i never played keyboard or piano but I want to buy one so i can play background on my guitar track and also want to play some kind of metal music keyboard. I must have harpsichord, orchestral hit and some strings so anyone know if it has it and i have 300 to spend so suggestions are welcome

I usually speak french so sorry for my english

#186838 - 05/08/02 08:20 AM Re: never played keyboard an i am looking for a casio wr 1630 any opinions
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
The WK1630 76 key Casio keyboard is very good for it's price point. Yamaha also makes their PSRGX76 keyboard which is the same price. The advantage of the Casio is the ability to make your own styles from scratch and the ability to create your own sounds using the internal synth editing. The piano sound on the Casio is very realistic but some of the other instrumental sounds such as trumpet, Sax are better on the Yamaha.
However, bang for the buck, the Casio has a slight edge in my opinion. I sell both of these products in my store so I am familiar with both really well.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
(Retired 2021)

#186839 - 05/08/02 01:13 PM Re: never played keyboard an i am looking for a casio wr 1630 any opinions
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I agree with George Kaye.. The Casio offers more bang for the buck. Like he stated one big plus is the ability to create your own user styles and voices. Also you get a modulation wheel too...

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online