SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#186608 - 06/02/06 09:03 AM Re: New styles from LIONSTRACS MS X76
Filipe Tomas Offline

Iīm not a manager, iīm a MS76 user, Ketron User, Alesis user, Korg user and Roland user. My last post resumes that there are people that donīt have problemīs to by keyboardīs and respective acessories ( Soundīs from samples companies ) if can be Loaded by the istrument. Some times itīs by love to play the instrument with more features. I never tell that people that donīt have mediastation donīt love the job. Is Not this. Itīs the Craig question " And people want to spend money with soundīs or sample ? " Yes I believe that somes by soundīs to charge in the keyboardīs.

The 3 examples before are 3 situation, not lessons.

Best regardīs

#186609 - 06/02/06 10:14 AM Re: New styles from LIONSTRACS MS X76
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Filipe I knew you quite well when we used to talk on Yahoo last year. If I remember correctly were you the bloke with a woman singer who did some good songs on your web site but not with the Mediastation at the time?
Please post some of your MP3's done on the Mediastation, I know you are more than capable of doing this. You sent me a style ages ago using giga sounds or some audio, but to be honest I still thought it was poor.
The new styles posted late May 2006 on Doms site still do not show any improvement in sound quality comparing them to what I heard almost a year after I purchased mine. I appreciate all of the updates since I got my refund, but if the updates have made these great improvements you users keep stating then for heavens sake please post some demos as Dom doesn't seem to care about any form of quality or marketing on his site.
Come on Filipe post something to show me and others that the Mediastation is a contender in todays tough market, now's your chance, the balls in your court.
I hope that whatever I post helps Dom to sell some as he mentioned previously, he did promise me my agents cut of 20% hehe

#186610 - 06/02/06 10:18 AM Re: New styles from LIONSTRACS MS X76
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
And I think that is the power of the mediastation and other open source keyboards.
It is for those who want and need tools that would help them be creative and have their own distinct sound.
It is not for the lazy musician and or closed minded people. The possibilities are plentiful with such a keyboard like the mediastation.

The demos do not do it justice. What they need to do is get a really good gigging musician, spend some time explaining to them the workings of the mediastation and have them create a demo for arranger players.

Maybe that would silence the negative talkers. But I would caution, an online demo should never be the deciding factor for a keyboard buyer regardless as to how good or bad the demos are. Nothing beats live in person interaction with a keyboard.

Another thing mediastation may want to consider is to start marketing the keyboard to pro creative musicians. The gigging musician, workstation users and producers and studio people. Ones with an open mind would see that the mediastation is more than an arranger or a romplayer it is a complete production and performance keyboard.

Just a Post Script to my post:
I do not work for mediastation.

In fact, as I stated, they really need someone to demo the product properly.
Taking in to account that arranger style playing is just one selling point for this board.

Also, they need to correct all the misinformation that has been posted in this thread that a closed system is better than an open system and that the VSTs do not work well with the mediastation. They also need to set the record straight as to the assumption that a member of this forum received a prototype keyboard.

Regarding my use of the word lazy, I did not want to offend any one, but being involved with music is a lot of work. There is no easy road; regardless of what the PSRs/Tyros, G70s, PA1xs try to make us believe.

I suppose if one is just playing at home for his or her enjoyment (there is nothing wrong with that), a Casio, Tyros 2 and the likes would suffice.

But for the musician who is gigging for a living, preparation for a gig is expected. Creating styles, tweaking sounds and presets and setting up registrations is part of the game and part of the fun.

Most professional musicians do not expect the keyboard to be just perfect for everyone because we realize that every musician has their individuality. The keyboard is there to give you all the tools to express your individuality with styles, sounds and the like.

When one is getting a high-end keyboard for gigging, a certain amount of preparation and tweaking should be expected. That is just the nature of electronic instruments. If you want to just play get a piano, or if you want to sound like a DJ or a Karaoke machine, then get a Casio or PSR/Tyros 2.

But if you are gigging and want to stay in the music business and want to have an identity as a performer, then you should be prepared to work, tweak and create.

#186611 - 06/02/06 10:26 AM Re: New styles from LIONSTRACS MS X76
Filipe Tomas Offline

Ok CRAIG, let-me prepair to record a audio style to post. Very soon I post it.
Best regardīs

#186612 - 06/02/06 10:28 AM Re: New styles from LIONSTRACS MS X76
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
To the Genesys puts:
if you want to sound like a DJ or a Karaoke machine, then get a Casio or PSR/Tyros 2.
But if you are gigging and want to stay in the music business and want to have an identity as a performer, then you should be prepared to work, tweak and create.

I think you'll get some strong comments back from that statement.
Loads of us on here regardless what type of arrangers we have always tweak our instruments and create our own styles and sounds instead of using the presets. As for sounding like a DJ or Karaoke machine, that comment is pure c**p, unless you just shove a disk in and let it play itself.
Many on SZ have also been in the business for years and even have their own music shops or teach music etc so we already have established identities and certainly put the man hours in when it comes to work.
By the way, what keyboard(s) do you have. With Genesys I'm assuming it's the one by Gem?

#186613 - 06/02/06 11:52 AM Re: New styles from LIONSTRACS MS X76
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
i have no quarrel with you filiper. I never said you were a manager for MS but i am surprised that you are replying to a comment about how the company markets its product. If that has nothing to do with you i dont understand why you are answering ?

The point i am making is that you and i others are making a serious mistake in regards to your assumptions about the differences between home keyboard players, and gigging musicians. Their desires from a keyboard in many respects are exactly the same. Tell me if you think this assumption of mine is wrong:

Most pro players and most amateur players want to get the best sound from their instruments in the simplest way... true or not true ?

Look at the makeup of this board which has both pro players and amateurs and tell me what is significantly different about the instruments that they play ?

This goes for Dom too, think real hard and you will find that both the pros and the amateurs are playing Yamahas (mostly Tyros 1, 2 or psr300's), or Korgs (pa1x p50's i30's) or Roland G70's (once they have tweaked the hell outta them ...just smile neilsh!). Why do you think that even with the Merdiastation having been around at least 18 months, dozens of its "great" demos and lots of postings on hear about it that only a few people have bought one.....

Go on think real hard.....

You see if you cant market to the amateurs and pros on here...who the hell are you going to market too ??????????

I am done with this.

#186614 - 06/02/06 11:57 AM Re: New styles from LIONSTRACS MS X76
richard_shiflet Offline

Loc: Greenwood, SC -USA
Hello Magica Alfa,
Congratulations on the new keyboard! It is great to hear how well it is working for you. I am also a Mediastation owner as I have the X-88 Pro version. I have been very pleased with its performance as well. When I first researched Lionstracs and the mediastation I found there was not a lot of objective 3rd party opinions available. Now that there are a few more of actual Mediastation owners posting then perhaps it will be easier for people to get the info they need. Please keep posting I look forward to hearing more about your experiences with your keyboard.

Abacus I have always found your posts very knowledgable and informative especially about wersi. I researched them as well and while I decided on the Lionstracs for myself, I sincerely want all companies that are promoting an open keyboard system based on computers and virtual instruments to succeed. As this can only be good for the consumer. I especially appreciated your explaination of the open keyboard. Keep on giving the good info!

To the Genesys - I fully agree with what you said "And I think that is the power of the mediastation and other open source keyboards.
It is for those who want and need tools that would help them be creative and have their own distinct sound."

No one keyboard suits everyone! For someone who is wanting to use a keyboard at home, playing for their own enjoyment, then the Mediastation may not be what they are looking for. There are less expensive and more simple options that may serve them well.

But for the professional or gigging Musician who wants the very best tools to work with, Lionstracs Mediastation becomes a very exciting option for them!

Filipe, You have were one of the first ones to post info on the Mediastation. Thanks and I look forward to you posting an mp3.

I have began some observations that I have made of my keyboard under another thread. http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/013336.html

Richard Shiflet

#186615 - 06/02/06 02:38 PM Re: New styles from LIONSTRACS MS X76
Magica Alfa Offline

Hello all.

I'm playing today in trio with my keyboard MEDIASTATION X76 on one performance. Now is 1st round finished. I’m having good public and I can tell you no problems with keyboard. Before I had wait for next song too long (GENESYS or PA80) Now I play from song to song without any problem of jumping one arranged, on song with midi e.t.c. All works. And what is important all sounds better than before.

I thing in this stage will be today more fun than ever before.

Thanks to DOM for so great thing as OPEN SOURCE LIONSTRACS MEDIASTATION

Sorry I must back on stage.

#186616 - 06/02/06 02:42 PM Re: New styles from LIONSTRACS MS X76
Magica Alfa Offline

Hello all.

I'm playing today in trio with my keyboard MEDIASTATION X76 on one performance. Now is 1st round finished. I’m having good public and I can tell you no problems with keyboard. Before I had wait for next song too long (GENESYS or PA80) Now I play from song to song without any problem of jumping one arranged, on song with midi e.t.c. All works. And what is important all sounds better than before.

I thing in this stage will be today more fun than ever before.

Thanks to DOM for so great thing as OPEN SOURCE LIONSTRACS MEDIASTATION

Sorry I must back on stage.

#186617 - 06/02/06 04:36 PM Re: New styles from LIONSTRACS MS X76
Filipe Tomas Offline

Hello again friend CRAIG, to response to your question today I record it from my MS. Itīs a audio style with some giga soundīs.

This demo is just to say that is possible in the same style, GM sound, Mp3 sound and giga soundīs in just one style.

There is the link do demo;
http://www.filipe-veronica.com/msfilipedemo.mp3

This is my web site: www.filipe-veronica.com

Anyway.
Thanks to all

Best regardīs
Filipe Tomás

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online