abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Magica Alfa:
DEAR,

Abacus BILL

SORRY but WERSI: You can check on:
http://www.mercy-no-wersi.com/

Would you refuse to look at a car, just because problems occurred on a couple out of thousands?
If Lionstracs were to demonstrate in the UK, or better still attend one of the many Festivals, (Where we get World Premiers and Previews of Keyboards) I would certainly try them out, unfortunately at present I can only go by the demos, and reviews of other people that have or have had them, which why in a previous post I said that I was looking forward to your comments on the Mediastation.
Look forward to further updates, as you get more used to the instrument.

Bill

#186579 - 05/31/06 10:46 AM Re: New styles from LIONSTRACS MS X76
Magica Alfa Offline

Hi BILL

I don't know what you are having there. Here in Slovenia we are having two dealers.

May be is that opportunity for you to start job there or you will rather wait for somebody else. This is new technology.

Somebody must start.

Because you are smart, you can help me also. I want only that my keyboard sounds better then rest. And I need only one keyboard not two there to make all good.

#186580 - 05/31/06 10:52 AM Re: New styles from LIONSTRACS MS X76
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Quote:
Originally posted by Magica Alfa:
DEAR,

If you are having so big problem you must first have base knowledge on LINUX. On start I had also problems But then comes up new things. You must first know the think.

You have to KNOW the operating system (Linux) before your can play the instrument!!!
I don't even know what OS my Yamaha and Roland keyboards use. (They are proprietory, I assume).
Starkeeper

#186581 - 05/31/06 11:09 AM Re: New styles from LIONSTRACS MS X76
Magica Alfa Offline

You can us MS as ordinary keyboard. But you can also use VST. In start all for you is as closed system. But if you want to have more you pick up from web and you can play as new instrument. In one instrument you are having more. Korg, Yamaha, or what you want. And you don’t need to know LINUX.

But if it is something serious you can contact LIONSTRACS and they can help you.
I never had problem with them.

[This message has been edited by Magica Alfa (edited 05-31-2006).]

#186582 - 05/31/06 11:35 AM Re: New styles from LIONSTRACS MS X76
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
For the price of the Mediastation you are better off getting a decent weighted master keyboard and then some sort of PC/Mac or possibly a laptop with fast processor, memory, hard drive etc and using the VST plugins and software on that midied to the master keyboard. The price would be roughly the same, a PC and Mac could run more VST programs as the Mediastation does not run every VST out there, I think it depends on Linux again. A computer would probably be more reliable as well.
I have loads of VST's and only 1 worked in a fashion with the Mediastation with a little help from Dom setting it up which was quite hard for both of us. Having seen the B3 organ plugin I think it was called on both the Wersi and Mediastation, Wersi was by far easier to operate.
It would be nice if some of the bigger manufacturers jumped on the VST/plugin bandwagon though, this seems the way to go for the future.

#186583 - 05/31/06 12:14 PM Re: New styles from LIONSTRACS MS X76
Magica Alfa Offline

Here is PC inside. You can every time change PC. That is not a problem. You can load in Mediastation X76 ALL VST over the world. It depends on your demands. I had no problem with VST ever. B4 works mega. Better than on my good sound cards of computer. (I’m having severally - rate 192 bit)

You are wrights. One of bigger must start to work in this way. But this keyboard will cost double.
Please capture your video and send me some photos

#186584 - 05/31/06 02:11 PM Re: New styles from LIONSTRACS MS X76
kla4 Offline

Loc: NL
"This is new technology"... OK, but please tell me why none of the 'open system' manufacturers was able to show a decent/impressing demo?..... even after more than 5 years of developing.

Magica Alfa, you seem to be saying brands like Roland, Yamaha etc. do not offer 'freedom' in using the instuments.

Please explain to us what extra 'freedom' you need on top of what e.g. a Tyros2 offers?
Tyros2:
Lots of fantastic internal styles,
B3 sounds including great rotary-speaker sim.
Very very nice sounds such as Super Articulation.
Multitrack recording,
Proprietory OS (fast, robust, compact)
Sampling
etc...... All without (expensive) VST/plugins.

#186585 - 05/31/06 10:13 PM Re: New styles from LIONSTRACS MS X76
Magica Alfa Offline

KLA4 WROTE:
This is new technology"... OK, but please tell me why none of the 'open system' manufacturers was able to show a decent/impressing demo?..... even after more than 5 years of developing.

Impressive demos: You can create by your self. If you known to do. Otherwise I’m impressed with demos. Quality of sound is good. But this is not reality. You must tried keyboard and than you will have your state. But you also need time to find all possibilities. (Even when you will know all of them will come new on web)

KLA4 WROTE:

Magica Alfa, you seem to be saying brands like Roland, Yamaha etc. do not offer 'freedom' in using the instuments.
Please explain to us what extra 'freedom' you need on top of what e.g. a Tyros2 offers?
Tyros2:
Lots of fantastic internal styles,
B3 sounds including great rotary-speaker sim.
Very very nice sounds such as Super Articulation.
Multitrack recording,
Proprietory OS (fast, robust, compact)
Sampling
etc...... All without (expensive) VST/plugins.

Yes really nice.
But also internal is closed. This is so closed that you are having in this moment only this keyboard. In future you need new more expensive than VST and new GIGA sound. But they will in future be greater and better.

#186586 - 06/01/06 02:59 AM Re: New styles from LIONSTRACS MS X76
kla4 Offline

Loc: NL
Ok, but what I try to say is :
EVERY brand (e.g. Ketron, Solton, Gem, Roland, Yamaha etc) has good quality demo-pieces to show potentials of equipment.
Wersi & Lionstracs have not !

In fact they are a couple of years behind compared to other music brands (in soundquality and styles)

The open systems are built upon an ordinary PC concept, right ?
Be honest and tell me how many years are PC's 'up to date' nowaday? I'm computing since the eighties and learned every three years an upgrade was needed because of new developments in hardware and more demanding software.
So when people say "These open systems allow you to keep the hardware forever and with only new software users stay uptodate! ", I only can smile and think 'come on, wake up !'

In my view serious/realistic thinking musicians don't purchase these PC based stuff, because they are not interested in 'building' a keyboard. They want reliable/solid machines that sound great.

Those who do purchase must have lots of money, feel 'pioneers' and try to convince 'ordinary' musicians they are a kind of old-fashioned.

Magica Alfa your song sounds OK, but how many days took it to find the right settings?

While using a normal modern keyboard it's a matter of minutes.

I'm lurker at this forum for ages and read many discussions with- and about Lionstracs.
Lionstracs showed a nasty attitude on top of the fact that the product itself is extremely poor IN MY VIEW !

#186587 - 06/01/06 03:41 AM Re: New styles from LIONSTRACS MS X76
Magica Alfa Offline

Thanks for your replays

First: In last two years computer fast development mostly stops. But this cause that we are having today enough space to develop things in keyboards in this way.
These are reliable things. Ok somebody wants close and good system but what hapend: e.g. you are having in on keyboard in top range:
128Mb ROM only you must change this keyboard every two years because when come out new you old is not good. Problem is in us keyboard players we want every time something new.

With this thing you can open your mind every day and this is nothing for you. First you try TRIAL if you want than you buy.

Maybe you will listen to this:
http://www.lionstracs.com/demo/sounds/orchestrademo.mp3

This is official side. For me it is great sound. I don’t know what you mean with poor picture. I’m having this thing not long time and I can tell you that is better than all my old keyboards.

I started with HAM. B3 and ROLAND Juno 6. I had ELKA before. I’m with computer from 1982. I can tell you first things were problematic. I find a lot good thing on.
Development of computer gave us that we are having this forum here today.
This will be also keyboards future.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online