SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#18645 - 03/07/01 08:57 PM Poly 800 - Help!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just bought a Poly 800. It came with the factory preset tape. It appears to have been re-programmed, and it will not take the data from the tape. I've also tried using the .wav files available on the Net, to no avail.

DCO1 gives sounds, but each signal (chords or single notes)goes up in pitch after 2 seconds. DCO2 doesn't seem to work at all. I've made sure that the octaves are on. Also, most of the values for the presets don't match what is on the preset guide on the face of the keyboard.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

#18646 - 03/09/01 07:28 AM Re: Poly 800 - Help!
Mike Nelson Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove,MN,USA
Ohboy, I can only offer a couple of things from experience. First, there are slide switches on the back that enable/disable certain functions, like writing to the program and the sequencer; make sure the program write is enabled. Also there's a high/low level switch for the tape, try both positions. If you have have out of range parameter values you should be able to hold the down button and get them back where they should be. In fact you should go to the global values at the end of the parameter list (receive channel, int/ext seq clock, etc)because if those values are out of range they affect the whole machine. If those things all check out, you may have to open it up and check all the wiring harness connectors to make sure they're seated. GOOD LUCK. Oh, amd it could be the battery. Inform us of progress or lack of.mn

#18647 - 04/01/01 10:13 AM Re: Poly 800 - Help!
Anonymous
Unregistered

The bad news is that none of the tactics attempted brought the keyboard back to factory settings. We tried everything we could think of (and what Mike was kind enough to offer), but the synth apparently likes its re-defined settings.

The good news is that the seller was honest enough to take it back. It's a comfort to know that there still are good people on the Internet (present company included).

Thanks again, Mike!

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online