SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#18622 - 06/24/01 05:45 PM X5D
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've just bought an ex-demo X5D. Unfortunately, the lush sounds are anything but - they're all distorted! This mostly happens when I play a big chord or hit the keys hard. Generally, it seems to be when it has to generate a lot of sound.

As it's ex-demo, I was wondering if there was some sort of global effect setting that's causing the distortion.

Are these things prone to technical gremlins?

Is there a factory reset? Can't see one in the manual, only the preset sounds thing.

I know it's getting old now but would really appreciate some help before I'm forced to contact the shop I bought it from.

Thanks,

Steve

#18623 - 06/25/01 04:37 PM Re: X5D
WS Offline

I can't find my manual...you might want to try the X5D sites here.
http://www.synthzone.com/korg.htm

just curious...how much did a used X5D cost?

[This message has been edited by WS (edited 06-25-2001).]

#18624 - 06/27/01 03:39 AM Re: X5D
Anonymous
Unregistered

The shop couldn't find the original transformer (they just swap the keyboards into a 'live' testing station) so they gave me a generic transformer that I could set the voltage to. After three hours on the internet, pushing two in morning, I changed the setting from 12v to 9v and all worked fine.

Phwoar, it's a cracking little synth. It's also my first 'proper' keyboard (my other being a Technics home keyboard - but hey, it's good enough for the band!). I believe, overall, that I got a good deal.

Bearing in mind, it's ex-demo and barely used, I snapped it up for £379 plus a free phono cable to get it into my amp. The shop sells these from stock at £439.

I'd first seen the X5D in a music store in Birmingham and they were going for £399. I picked mine up in Exeter some 120 miles away (assuming you're not from the UK here).

Think I got a good deal? It's a smashing piece of kit! I get more and more impressed each time I discover something fancy that it can do.

#18625 - 06/30/01 06:49 AM Re: X5D
WS Offline

I see them for $599 in the US. Have you listened to the demos yet (Around the World is amazing)? Here are 34 new BANKS for you (1000's or patches and programs).
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/3676/

#18626 - 06/30/01 07:17 AM Re: X5D
Spacehead Offline

Loc: Pa. USA
I payed $500 for a new one 5 months ago. i think they were trying to get rid of the last in stock for some newer models.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online