SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#185390 - 02/07/01 05:18 PM JUST HEARD THE X1 and WOW!!!!!!!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
In my 20 years+ of playing I have never seen or heard a Solton/Ketron. I've heard of the company, but it seems that there isn't a big market for them here in the US. It's almost like you can count the dealers on 1 hand. It's like the Yamaha EX-5/7.. They didn't do too well here in the US, but man did they kick ass in Japan. Anyways I went to the Solton/Ketron homepage to listen to this X1 that everyone is talking about.... I don't even know what to say... I WAS BLOWN OUT OF MY SEAT!!!!! NEVER have I heard a keyboard with accomp. that sounds SO porfessional. Area those demos really done with the onboard styles? I'm serious because I'm at a loss for words. THOSE ARE THE BEST STYLES I HAVE EVER HEARD! They are so convincing. It really sounds like an ACTUAL band is playing.... I felt like crying when I heard the blues harmonica demo... How in the hell did they get that harmonica to sound like that? I have always been a HUGE supporter of Yamaha keyboards (and Korg), but after hearing this I have to change my opinion.. The Solton X1 is the HANDS DOWN WINNER in the accomp. department. They really got it down right. HATS OFF TO THE PROGRAMERS... I'd love to get my hands on one of these boards, but good lord they are SO expensive..... I would never be able to afford one. I'm currently trying to get rid of a Yamaha EX-7 right now and even with the amount I'd get for it, I'd still only be half way to an X1...... If they X1 sounds this good I can't wait to hear the SD1

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#185391 - 02/07/01 06:08 PM Re: JUST HEARD THE X1 and WOW!!!!!!!
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Hey Squeak,
If you can't afford a X1 I have a slightly used MS100. It's styles are very similar to the X1 and sounds to. It is still being made currently and has a retail price of $3100.00.
It has 76 keys, no speakers, a hard drive like the X1HD and still plays midi files like the X1 and has only 99 factory styles. It really sounds and works very similar to the X1. At the current retail price, I suggest the X1 or SD-1 (76 key version with no speakers) but at a killer used price you might like this alot. Email me if you are interested and I will give you more details.
George Kaye
Kayes Music Scene
(Retired 2021)

#185392 - 02/07/01 08:04 PM Re: JUST HEARD THE X1 and WOW!!!!!!!
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Hello Squeky,
Yes , the X1 is truely an amazing keyboard .Soon the SD1 from Ketron will be available .
The navigation is completely different on the SD1 vs the X1 . The drums on the X1 are above average. With the SD1, Ketron added vocal drum kits . Very human like sounds. Like TAKE SIX or Bobby Mcfarland ( not sure if I spelled that correctly ) . I think I could create a "Don't worry be happy " style . Can't wait ! Dan O1

#185393 - 02/08/01 01:12 AM Re: JUST HEARD THE X1 and WOW!!!!!!!
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Squeak,
Without any personal interest I can only advise you take up George's offer and get in touch about the MS100. The Solton MS100 is a fine keyboard, I think it first hit the marktet in 1996 or thereabouts and is an
extended version of the MS50/60 series. Though obviously not as good as the X1, let alone the SD-1, it is a supremely good way,
and economic way of getting familiar with the Solton keyboards. The drums are great,
(in particular the way you can change the drummapping at the touch of a button while a
style is running), bass is okay and some of the sounds are super. (blow sax, musette,
flute!!! and the best clarinet that I have ever heard on any keyboard.) On the other hand the acoustic piano is fairly lousy....
And I believe the harddisk is standard.
I have hundreds of Styles for the SoltonMS
so should you get it just get in touch.
P.S. in Holland you pick up a used MS100 for
about the equivalent of 1500 bucks. Good Luck!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online