SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#18527 - 11/25/98 09:12 PM Rec/Play with Combi Voices on T1
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm using a T1 with Cakewalk, and I'd like to be able to use the Combi voices to record and playback. When I go into Sequencer mode, it only seems to show Prog A + B voices... Anybody know a way to get around this?

Thanks!

#18528 - 11/28/98 04:21 PM Re: Rec/Play with Combi Voices on T1
vyper Offline

Loc: Lancaster, CA USA
First off, if you're using Cakewalk as your sequencer, then you really don't need to be in Sequencer mode on the T1. You can just use standard Combi mode to see which patches are assigned.

Go into combi edit mode and set each individual patch in the combi to a different midi channel (if your mixing two sounds then they obviously would go on the same midi channel).

Finally, go into global midi settings and change from "Master" mode to "Multi" mode. Now whatever midi channel you set in your global midi settings will play only the instruments assigned to that midi channel in the Combi.

If you have your midi in's and outs going to and from the computer Cakewalk is on, you can record each patch's part into the Cakewalk sequence by simply changing the global midi channel and hitting record in Cakewalk.

Hope this helps.

Jim Ely
vyper@aloha.net

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online