SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#18524 - 05/28/00 09:00 PM Electribe S (ES-1)
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was wondering if this sampling electribe would be a good choice for producing breakbeat/drum-bass type loops, and whether it's going to be much better than the ER-1. Would the 32kHz sampling rate affect sound quality in a major way. Also, if anyone has gotten a chance to play with it, could please write about your impressions. Money is a big issue for me, so I wouldn't be able to get a real sampler... could the es-1 be the answer?

Thanks for your input,
FreakyBreaks

#18525 - 06/17/00 11:23 AM Re: Electribe S (ES-1)
AuraStar Offline

Hey man... I got a chance to play with the ES in a Mars music in my area... it seems like it would work very nicely for loop-based beats, as opposed to the step-sequencing on the ER. I actually own the ER, and I've had a lot of fun with it. When I'm trying to do something breaky, what I normally do is just program the drum line via Cubase, and that seems to work just fine for me, but I don't use breakbeats too much. What I would recommend the most is for you to try and go to a Mars Music or some other store that has one, and just play with it... the best way to see if you'll like it is to give it a test run.
Hope this helps a little bit

AS

Quote:
Originally posted by FreakyBreaks:
I was wondering if this sampling electribe would be a good choice for producing breakbeat/drum-bass type loops, and whether it's going to be much better than the ER-1. Would the 32kHz sampling rate affect sound quality in a major way. Also, if anyone has gotten a chance to play with it, could please write about your impressions. Money is a big issue for me, so I wouldn't be able to get a real sampler... could the es-1 be the answer?

Thanks for your input,
FreakyBreaks

#18526 - 06/26/00 12:46 PM Re: Electribe S (ES-1)
BLACKLEMON Offline

Loc: BANGKOK THAILAND
Hi,
check this site for a free download of ES User manual (pdf zipped lite english version)
http:/:www.ifrance.com/techno-id/telecharge1.htm
feel free to look also the " La tribu électrique" page too...
<<>>

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online