SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#184957 - 10/10/03 03:40 PM Vocal harmonizers
dazart Offline

Loc: England
I would like to be able to buy a arranger keyboard with a vocal harmonizer built in that anybody can sing to and sound brilliant to the audience.What I meen is if you are somebody whom dont possess a good singing voice is there a keyboard that will do the buisness?
Can these latest keyboards like the psr2100 or the pa80 or any other for that matter do this?
Is there anybody out there who cant really sing do use these keyboards with vacal harmonies and get by?

#184958 - 10/10/03 05:06 PM Re: Vocal harmonizers
lukitoh Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA, USA
I also need tips on using the VH on PSR2000. Everytime I use it it sounds like miniemouse. I am playing with left hand bass, right hand pianos with strings and rythms (drums only). I do not use the autoaccompaniement chords at all.

Thanks

#184959 - 10/10/03 06:38 PM Re: Vocal harmonizers
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
There's an old saying that goes something like this: "You can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear." Essentially, if the person does not have a marginally good voice to begin with, there's no vocal processor in the world that will improve it to the point where it will be considered good by anyone with normal hearing. However, if they can carry a tune, stay reasonably on key, the vocal processor in the PSR-2000/2100 will provide sufficient effects to make the vocals more appealing. As for the PA80, I have not heard anything good about their vocal processsor, and lots of negative comments from a few forum members who have used the PA80 extensively.

Good luck on whatever you decide to go with,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#184960 - 10/10/03 11:17 PM Re: Vocal harmonizers
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Lukitoh,
The manual bass is never going to work well with a Yamaha harmonizer because it only recognizes vocoder style note triggers. This means that you have to assign the harmonies to thr RIGHT hand and hold down the notes for the ENTIRE duration of the sung harmony notes. Impossible in most situations.
The harmonizers in the psr2xxx and PAx0 both are linked to arranger functions, and work poorly when the arranger is off.
The Ketron works the best in this way, as does the outboard gear like Digitech and TC Electronics.

#184961 - 10/11/03 09:08 AM Re: Vocal harmonizers
lukitoh Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA, USA
Thanks, Dave. Maybe the next kybd will fix this !

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online