SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#18487 - 06/05/99 03:42 PM Korg Monopoly/Poly 61
The Babak Offline

Loc: CA
Yes, old stuff. I bought them new. However, after a couple of years the keyboards have givin' up on me. If i press hard they work, but usually they don't. Any suggestions how to fix them.

#18488 - 06/14/99 12:29 AM Re: Korg Monopoly/Poly 61
HellPope Huey Offline

Loc: Hot Springs, AR, USA
First off, I'd recommend asking about repair details from several techs. Things like voltage caps are standard pieces that can still be located. Likewise with key contacts, etc. If the main CPU goes, you're simply screwed and far from home, as companies can only keep those molds for so long before they move on to the next model, leaving you with no options. That's one of the more annoying aspects of the electronics biz, but a reality all the same.

Second, when/if you get them back in usable shape, leave them at home, period. Instruments of that age don't do "road" well
and will behave better if left in one place. Sampling them is highly recommended.

I'd suggest these possible repair sources:
*e-mail Analogics at flattop@suite224.net
*www.analogsynths.com
*Caruso music at caruso.net
*roguemusic.com
*Used Gear By Mail at ugbm.com

One or more of these outlets is almost certain to help you get a handle on resucitating your Korgs. Hope that helps.

#18489 - 06/28/99 10:03 AM Re: Korg Monopoly/Poly 61
notdone Offline

Hi there,
On my poly 61 i cleaned the printstroke under the keyboard by screwing it off, removed the rubbers ang cleaned it with a soft cloth and ALCOHOL (yummy !)

Another posibility is to try somthing with a pencil,i think you need to put some pencil dust, (not the wood) on the black spots on the same print stroke as mentioned above.

I hope it works for you, i had enough on cleaning... perhaps the alcohol made me think it worked better..?

#18490 - 07/03/99 10:08 PM Re: Korg Monopoly/Poly 61
800dv Offline

Loc: atlanta, georgia, usa
I have a MONO-POLY and POLY 61, I use them only in the studio . The POLY 61 can travel ok but the MONO-POLY stays put. The MONO-POLY is like a japanese minimoog but with LIMITED polyphonic possibilities and with 4 oscillators it has to be warmed up. But the oldest KORG synth I have is a UNIVOX K-3 which was released in 1973 and later released in 1975 as the 800-DV. It also does'nt like road travel.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online