SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#184275 - 07/14/03 04:58 PM am i having problems with pc.
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
hi guys ,i looked up my last subject ,a clever tip to see the 9 replies,all i am getting is just 1 reply on screen ,is the same happening to you ,or maybe i don,t have settings on pc. correct,cheers mike

#184276 - 07/14/03 06:51 PM Re: am i having problems with pc.
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
Try clearing your Browser Cache, close Browser (after you clear your cache), then re-open your Browser. Go to SynthZone again and open the "clever tip" link again and see what happens.

Best regards,
Mike

#184277 - 07/15/03 02:59 PM Re: am i having problems with pc.
nardoni2002 Offline

thanks idatrod,it seems to be working now ,but i am still having problems eg when i go to windows update to download updates, it doesnt complete, i also get messages on pc to say serious problem ,send report to microsoft,iv,e only had this pc. 2 months it,s windows xp and my mate who sold it to me is not around,anyway thanks again,mike

#184278 - 07/15/03 10:35 PM Re: am i having problems with pc.
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
mike, that serious "send report to Microsoft" is in regards to the Internet Explorer Browser. There is 'errors' within your IE Browser and possibly the OS itself, and because of the error being triggered Microsoft provides a utility within IE that wants you to send a report to them so they can gather information about your situation, ie., (what were you doing when the error occured, what version of IE Browser are you using, etc.) so they can better serve the public by fixing any possible bugs within Internet Explorer, and in future versions of IE.

When you go to the Windows Update site try disabling any Anti-Virus software you may have running and also if you have a Firewall try disabling it also when you use the Windows Update site to see if that makes a difference. After you are finished using Windows Update then make sure you re-enable your Anti-Virus and Firewall programs. There are a host of other things you could try to correct the problem[s] but that would take more diagnosis from you and more explanation from me than I can give right now (because of not knowing the ins and outs of your Computer set up and the particulars about the problem[s] you are experiencing). I am willing to help you further with this situation if you want and if you don't get it resolved on your own. It's good you were able to see the 'whole' thread again.

Best regards,
Mike

#184279 - 07/18/03 02:24 PM Re: am i having problems with pc.
nardoni2002 Offline

thanks mike,idatrod,yesterday i got an email from my friend who sold me my pc, he,s now living in uk.he knows about the problem and he will soon be in the process of fixing it for me from uk apparently he can control my pc from abroad ,and fix it from there,ie over the internet,i will go to windows update and remove my anti virus,but dont know what a firewall is, anyway i,ll keep you posted ,,and thanks agai,mike

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online