SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#184270 - 02/28/01 04:04 PM PA80 and VA 7
Uros Offline

Loc: Zemun,Srbija,Yugoslavia
Hello all again.

I have played PA80 and VA 7. All I can say is that PA80 is like toy comparing to VA 7.

Greetz, Uros.

#184271 - 02/28/01 04:24 PM Re: PA80 and VA 7
Dnj Offline

Thanx for the info on the new units. I think Roland needs to eliminate the Touch Screen on their units and get back to Buttons also. It's not a very good way to access features quickly while playing in real time. I'm not surprised at your opinions on these two units at all.

take care

Donny nj

#184272 - 02/28/01 05:01 PM Re: PA80 and VA 7
Jupiter5 Offline

From first hearing this "PA80" - and the Demo of it, it was never going to be a hit anyway, so I'm not surprised that the VA-7 is better by comparison - and the VA-7 sounds "inferior" to me if compared to other Brands from Japan, (Technics/Yamaha etc).

Maybe When A "VA-9" comes out (if it does) can we treat Roland as "serious contenders" to Technics and Yamahas domination of top line arrangers...

J5

#184273 - 02/28/01 05:21 PM Re: PA80 and VA 7
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
The VA7 is far from perfect for me, but it's a great arranger with sounds that rival all the best. If I had to rate some of the brands for best sounds, I'd be hard pressed, but here goes a sample:
Roland: pianos, strings, drums
Yamaha: Electric pianos, electric guitars
Technics: same as Yammaha
Solton: solo brass & woodwinds, acoustic guitars, strings
Korg: basses, electric pianos, brass sections

*** THis is certainly just scratching the surface of the strengths of each but it does represent my initial views on some of the top brands.

As far as styles go....... lets not go there. We do that all the time. I just hate to hear all the negitive talk about the VA7 just because it is using a simpler interface to appeal to a different market. BUttons scare some people. For a stay at home unit, or someone that plays pre programed sounds and styles - the VA7 is terrific. It only lacks a few performance features that make it clumsy for a pro to use. I could use it if I had to...I just don't want to. I won't use the PSRx000 ro KNx000 either. I'm pretty fussy, but I can use anything. Case in point - I'm using the i5s until someone improves on this years class of arrangers. Weird, huh?

#184274 - 03/01/01 04:09 AM Re: PA80 and VA 7
Uros Offline

Loc: Zemun,Srbija,Yugoslavia
Really, why so negative talk about VA 7??

With that keyboard you can do everything. I play in band, VA 7 can be very useful...as well when i compose songs. I don't play as one-man-band, but even if I did that, VA 7 could do the job much better than many keyboards.
Ok, it is a little bit hard to use, but which Roland key. is easy to navigate?

I don't have time at moment to write, gotta go to study

See you later,
Uros

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online