SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#184151 - 03/07/00 05:55 AM SND Files - X1 upgrade
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Fellow Music Masters,

I have loaded the new OS for the X1 and for me everything is fine. The directions at the Ketron site also speak of the firm0000.snd file. What is this file and what do I do with it. As usual their directions were less than crystal clear.

Looking at the just released list of modifications I have a few questions.

I'll use the numbers from their list.

2. What is a MSP with with 64 splits?

5. I can now make the 2nd voice play on the left hand on the left side of the split. How do I do this?

16. How do I specify the number and bank of where I want the pattern to load.

23. What is easy two chord mode?

Can anyone can help a neophyte like me.

Thanks

Tom Cavanaugh

Tom

#184152 - 03/07/00 11:51 PM Re: SND Files - X1 upgrade
Michael Metzger Offline

Loc: Germany
Hi Tom,

firm0000.snd contains new (changed) internal sounds. Insert a disk with this file on it and press "load" - that's all. I don't know which voices have changed.

When you load a pattern with OS 3.1a you are asked for the bank (A/B) and the position (1-99) to load it to. Try it out - it' a nice new feature.

cu
Michael Metzger
(sorry for my bad english - but i'am german.)

#184153 - 03/08/00 01:17 AM Re: SND Files - X1 upgrade
Marek Offline

Hi Michael,

could you explain, what did you mean by "firm0000.snd contains new (changed) internal sounds."???
I do not own the X1, but I have read everywhere, that the X1 contains 24 MB PCM ROM with internal sounds. ROM ist read-only-memory it cannot be updated. Did you mean the ADSR etc. modifications of the internal sounds stored in RAM location?

Regards

Marek

#184154 - 03/08/00 05:22 AM Re: SND Files - X1 upgrade
Marc Bischoff Offline

Loc: Rotterdam, NL
There are stil changes in the upgrade that are not mentioned in the documentation.
For example can you give the right hand now a diferent level of reverb than the global-style.

I can't notive a difference in displaying registrations, like it is said in the documentaion.

The name of the registration is still small and in the seconf row.

Anybody woth the same experience?

Marc

#184155 - 03/08/00 05:58 AM Re: SND Files - X1 upgrade
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Michael,

When I try to load a pattern the x1 will let me choose the bank but it still will only let me choose empty locations. Do I first have to delete or erase an unwanted location or is there a way to overwrite it with the new style? How does one erase only one desired location?

Thanks

Tom

Tom

#184156 - 03/08/00 09:07 AM Re: SND Files - X1 upgrade
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Tom,
You are correct about having to delete a pattern to put a new one in it's place. I know in 3.0a or in 3.1a you can just hit pattern edit first, then select the pattern of patterns you wish to delete and then push I believe it is F6 for delete and your patterns will become empty. This doesn't push the patterns left together, you just end up with empty locations. In 3.1a I think I remember that you can delete all patterns from the load screen but I don't remember, because I am not at my store right now, if you can delete only one selected pattern from this screen. I hope this helps answer your questions.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
(Retired 2021)

#184157 - 03/09/00 01:16 AM Re: SND Files - X1 upgrade
Michael Metzger Offline

Hi Marek,

my dealer told me, that firm0000.snd updates the internal sounds (not the sounds loaded into RAM). If they are stored in ROM, they couldn't be changed. When i come to the store next time, i'll ask him for further details.

cu
Michael Metzger

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online