SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#184109 - 05/23/03 05:26 PM recording - modules
zuki Offline

Never in the past have used a sound module. Question: When I use a sound module's piano patch in my sequence that I do on the PSR9000, do I have to have the module on while playing back the finished song on the saved floppy?
Thanks,
Zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#184110 - 05/24/03 11:05 AM Re: recording - modules
KN_Fan Offline

Hi Zuki,
Depending on how you saved your song. If you saved it as MIDI, then certainly you'll need the module. If you saved as .wav then you don't need it.

Hope I understood your question correctly.
KN

#184111 - 05/24/03 03:44 PM Re: recording - modules
zuki Offline

KN,
Yes, you understood. But not doing this before, how do I save as a .wav? Or, if saving as midi, will the patches that I have used to record certain sounds (piano) play back automatically in the assigned channels?
Basically, I looking to fatten up/replace the weaker PSR sounds, using a module. These module sounds I would like to incorporate in my finished sequence/song. Hope I'm explaining myself okay.
Thanks for you help.
Zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#184112 - 05/25/03 11:42 AM Re: recording - modules
KN_Fan Offline

Hi Zuki,

Actually, scratch my first response. Let's start over:

Say, you've recorded all your tracks of your songs including the module's sound. Do you record all this onto the PSR's internal sequencer? Or Do you record all this to an actual recorder/mixer? Say, you have the PSR, the module, and an external mixer/recorder (like Korg D1600 or something). You can record everything as MIDI file onto your PSR's sequencer, then you can record everything (audio) to your external recorder. As far as trying to transfer the module's sound to your PSR, that would not be possible. I'm not a PSR user so I don't know..but I'm sure there are many good piano sounds out there for PSR? or any of these pros in the forum can help you in tweaking out the PSR sound you have? I believe that Korg's user can actually transfer sounds from the Triton's to the PA series (I could be wrong). If you can do this with your PSR that would be sweet, but I doubt it.

Anybody else in this forum can add or revise my reply?

These module sounds I would like to incorporate in my finished sequence/song. Hope I'm explaining myself okay.
Thanks for you help.

#184113 - 05/25/03 12:58 PM Re: recording - modules
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Sounds to me like KN is correct. The only way to hear the module voices is to play the midi throught the mod. (1)You can record or copy separate midi tracks so that, for example, trk 1 -8 play on your PSR and trk 9-16 play through your module. (2) You can have all tracks play thru both sources.
There are some programs that say they can record a .wav from a .mid, but I have never tried that. The easiest way to get a song into .wav format is to audio record it as you want it onto a digital or tape recorder and upload it to your PC.

------------------
Cass Pawlowski - Motown
PSR2000, SC88, Cakewalk

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online