SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#184058 - 11/30/04 05:23 AM Re: (OT) XM or Sirius Satellite Radio?
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
XM is the leader in it's field, with something like four times the number of subscribers that Sirius has. Every gig I play at now features XM radio. I enjoy XM's smooth jazz channel 71, aka "Watercolors" and some of the music I play comes from listening to that program. I would recommend XM.

#184059 - 11/30/04 05:30 AM Re: (OT) XM or Sirius Satellite Radio?
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
My two cents:

I do believe that Howard Stern is intelligent, however I find him to be devoid of talent. He doesn't sing, play, dance, tell jokes or act. His only talent is making crude remarks about the female body.

I think Sirius has Air America. You can listen to that mental giant Al Franken.

Tom

Tom

#184060 - 11/30/04 05:34 AM Re: (OT) XM or Sirius Satellite Radio?
Dnj Offline

Chocolate/Vanilla... thats why we have a channel select button.....why pay for radio when there is So much on the air for free. cell phone bill,
cable TV bill, cable internet bill, tc etc etc when does it end? Oh Yeah I know ......when I hit the lottery right?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 11-30-2004).]

#184061 - 11/30/04 05:54 AM Re: (OT) XM or Sirius Satellite Radio?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Yea Donny!!! XM and Sirius are just another way for companies to make money on a society that has too much. Radio has been free since its inception. Fidelity, using a good receiver, is as good as the ear can handle, so why PAY for the same music you can get over the airwaves? Here in Detroit I listen to Dick Purtan every a.m., but would I pay to listen, NO!! Howard Stern is no different and I can hear Steely Dan and Yanni anyutime I want on regular radio.
Unfortunately I'm hooked on basic cable TV, and cable internet, but I certainly hope I don't fall for PAY RADIO.

#184062 - 11/30/04 06:14 AM Re: (OT) XM or Sirius Satellite Radio?
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Sorry, it's hard to answer when I'm listening to Stern.

As for XM and Sirius, they both have their pros and cons, I've had XM for 3 years, and never listen to regular radio except for Stern in the morning.

I am switching to Sirius for Stern of course, I love the comedy channel, the 80's channel, which Sirius has also,

XM does have the headstart but there is allot of money being put into Sirius, so I see the gap closing fast.

Long live Stern!!!

Actually, the most common description of Stern from people who really aren't listeners are that he just says stuff about womens private parts.?

Sounds like the stories I heard of when the Beatles and Elvis first came on the scene.......

We mock what we do not understand!!!

A friend of mine put it just right
"The Howard haters need to stop being disingenuous and start listening with a sense of objectivity."

Now who can get me a G70 fast?

Remember we are all friends

#184063 - 11/30/04 07:46 AM Re: (OT) XM or Sirius Satellite Radio?
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Regarding H Stern, he's definitely not my cup of tea. Some people will do anything for $$$ (maybe most people?), and he sure knows how to milk his $ making nitch... and THAT'S the reason he does what he does.

#184064 - 11/30/04 01:20 PM Re: (OT) XM or Sirius Satellite Radio?
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Frankieve,

I listened to Howard every morning for about two years. I also used to watch him on the E channel. I got bored. Rather than attack those of us who listened and turned off as "Howard haters" why don't you tell us exactly what his talent is? I don't hate Howard. At first I thought he was funny but after while the novelity wears off.

I do support his right to be on and your right to listen even though I find him talentless.

Tom

Tom

#184065 - 11/30/04 02:02 PM Re: (OT) XM or Sirius Satellite Radio?
frankieve Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Cavanaugh:
Frankieve,

I listened to Howard every morning for about two years. I also used to watch him on the E channel. I got bored. Rather than attack those of us who listened and turned off as "Howard haters" why don't you tell us exactly what his talent is? I don't hate Howard. At first I thought he was funny but after while the novelity wears off.

I do support his right to be on and your right to listen even though I find him talentless.

Tom

Hi Tom,

I apologize, but I don't think I attacked any Howard Haters, just like everyone voiced how they didn't like Howard, I voiced how I liked him. For someone who is not liked, 8 million people should check the staion they are on...,

I've been listening for a long time, and I have the pleasure of being able to listen for multiple hours at a time so I feel like part of his "radio family"

I guess it might be something that people will either learn to like or love to hate

#184066 - 11/30/04 02:05 PM Re: (OT) XM or Sirius Satellite Radio?
Dnj Offline

Bababooeey!

#184067 - 11/30/04 03:13 PM Re: (OT) XM or Sirius Satellite Radio?
frankieve Offline

NICE!!!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online