SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#183845 - 02/12/06 09:14 AM SAWstudio Audio Sequencer
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Anyone interested in Audio sequencing should take a look at the link below. Suggest you download the video demo's. The software appears quite remarkable.
Unfortunately I can't find anyway of also recording Midi.
http://www.sawstudio.com/LiveVideoPromo.htm

#183846 - 02/12/06 01:43 PM Re: SAWstudio Audio Sequencer
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Over 10 years ago I used SAW when it was about the only good digital multitrack software available for the PC. It didn't support MIDI back then and it looks like that hasn't changed. What I was forced to do back then was do all my MIDI sequencing and editing in a separate MIDI sequencer and when I decided it was final I would record the output from my keyboard into a track on SAW and then just use and edit it like any digital audio track. While this is not as convenient as I would have liked it did work fine. Even back in the early 90s SAW was a breeze to use as they make very intuitive multitrack audio software and at the time was worth the work around due to the lack of MIDI support.

I guess you need to decide whether or not that would work for you otherwise you'd need to look at other software choices.

#183847 - 03/10/06 04:24 AM Re: SAWstudio Audio Sequencer
Anonymous
Unregistered

Saw make a midi sequencer add-on for SAWStudio these days. It is called Midi Workshop, runs in sync with the audio app (of course ), is accessed through the main app, and has a similar look and feel. Info is on their site www.sawstudio.com
Cheers, EDS.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online