SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#183476 - 05/23/05 09:38 AM MusicFinder View: version 1.80+ : "Intro" & "Next Section" Settings now supported
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I just noticed that "MusicFinder View" (version 1.80 & higher) now includes two NEW fields: "Intro" & "Next Section". In my Yamaha Tyros "MusicFinder" LCD display window, I don't find "Intro" or "Next Section" included as entry fields, so I'm guessing that these are entry fields only supported by the "MusicFinder" on specific (newer?) keyboard models, perhaps the PSR3000? Curious which keyboard model's "Music Finder" feature supports storing & calling up "Intro" & "Next" sections. Thanks.

Scott

#183477 - 05/23/05 12:08 PM Re: MusicFinder View: version 1.80+ : "Intro" & "Next Section" Settings now supported
John_CA Offline

Loc: Kern county, CA, USA
Scott,

Both 1500 and 3000 have this feature. Says in the manual :

Memorizing the Section (Intro/Main/Ending)
Use the [2]/[4] buttons to select the section that will automatically be called up set when the record is selected. This is useful, for example, when you want to have a selected Style automatically be set up to start with an Intro section.

John

------------------
Have a nice day smile

#183478 - 05/23/05 12:34 PM Re: MusicFinder View: version 1.80+ : "Intro" & "Next Section" Settings now supported
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
John, thanks. Very useful MusicFinder feature additions indeed. Now if Yamaha would just add the following additional features to the MusicFinder, it would maximize the performance potential of the MusicFinder:

1) Add 'Key transpose' setting field entry.

2) Allow each MFD song record to call up a 'Registration Bank File' stored in USER Memory or on remote media, of which MANY unique settings are stored, and would be automatically called up.

3) because MusicFinder currently can only access styles in Preset or UserMemory, substantially 'increase' KB USER memory capacity to 15-20mb+ , to accomodate storing/assessing a lot more styles (& registration bank files) from Music Finder, and/or . . . allow MusicFinder to access files located in remote storage: in keyboard hard drive or or removeable card/pen storage media.

Scott

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online