SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#183368 - 03/18/04 06:13 PM The PA 1 X Series.(Memory)
asena Offline

Loc: Malmoe
Hi we are a group of PA1X pro users .
In sweden we are 8 KB players who loves the Korg products.
We will like to thank you Enginiers/Programmers for a great KB.
Thanks to you we can express our felings whit the Music.
The KB is great but,!!! why cant you guys undarstand that the 32 MB of sample ram on a expensive sampler wst KB is to litle???
like pa80 ONLY 6,5 mb OF SAMPLE???
Please do something to fix this at least 64 mb.A great GM sfont is on at least 32 meg.
We know that you can do it better.
There is many sounds i like to load from the triton series of CD, cd roms and disks or from Internet.
But They are 40 mb.And there is no space in PAx1 to load the files.Is there any place ther we can buy fabrique maded fine sample cd,s from the KORG?For PA 1x?
So please make sometihing to fix this.
In TURKEY CAN ELEKTRONIC they heave 16 mb sample Card for the pa 80 now aveible.How can the Turkis music people do that but there is no info on that great upgrade in Korg UK,s home page?Hhhhmmmm!!!
Again The KB is great but we can make better things if you guys can listen to the customers & people who is giving their life for the music making.Like GK UD And all great musicians here.
I,m Working at a Store for keyboards and the customers dont want to buy the keyboard when i say 32 meg on saple.
My Englis is bad so pls sory about that.
Best regards.
Timor Sweden.

#183369 - 03/19/04 12:05 AM Re: The PA 1 X Series.(Memory)
RicFreak Offline

Loc: Italy
Good luck, Timor...

#183370 - 03/19/04 06:37 AM Re: The PA 1 X Series.(Memory)
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
The biggest and 'tightest' held company secret of all is "HOW MUCH PCM ROM" does the Pa1X/PRO really have? Nobody and I mean NOBODY on this planet knows except Korg's engineers I think.

Wouldn't it be incredible if we found out that the Pa1XPRO has a measley 32Mb of PCM ROM? On the other hand it could have 64Mb but I would be suprised if it had as much as their Flagship Workstation Triton Studio 2 does. Most assuredly it doesn't have more ROM than the Studio does. But we'll never know, right? That is, unless there's a Corporate "leak" of that info.

"asena",

I agree with you. Arrangers should have ample Sample RAM capability. 32Mb Sample RAM is WAY too little an amount in todays Music production realm for Arranger Keyboards.

That is another reason I don't think the Pa1X/PRO will be a huge seller.

The main reason is its outlandish high price.

Best regards,
Mike

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online