SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 11 of 15 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 >
Topic Options
#183288 - 11/18/03 11:32 AM Re: LIONSTRACS MEDIASTATION X-76...what you think?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, about the sounds I must some to explain..
How I told a lot of time before, we use 2 DSP chip of DREAM, the SAM9708, 128 Voice( 256 Voice hardware, plus more 2 internal wavetable, total 512 Voice by hardware)

Dream, like Roland, Yamaha, Korg.....have a propietary soundfont and the Instrument editor is working ONLY if will see the 9708 evaluation board.
Second BAD step, is that the editor ( and driver) work with Windows 98 or Millennium.

Dream, dont have a sound editor, but ONLY a Instrument editor and Bank editor.
For editing the wav/snd, the best way is use the SoundForge 6. Dream editor is developed to work with this SoundForge editor.
After edited the wav, SoundForge ADD the key range split and then, when you run the Dream Instrument editor, it will AUTOMATICALLY post all the wav in the right split zone.
After this point, we have the possibility to add all the more envelope, filter, volumi....Save as:xxxx.98i and then the instrument is ready to loading in the sound bank.

Well, after say that, I dont want to say that all the guys there must buy a dream eva board ( cost about $1000, + MDA + License...) for develope new sounds for X-76.

My idea is:
everyone may develope new HQ sound with the standard SoundForge 6, zipping all the wav in a folder and send us the demo.

At this point, me or enrico or Ron....we chose the best sound made from you, we insert it in the Dream instrument editor and then in the Sound Bank.
The work is done!
After that, we may add one page in our webpage and tell all the guys that have developed a GREAT sounds for X-76.
Then finally...IF some guys here say again for example: this sax is shitt...the flute is better from XXX.....then all the fault ( and shitt words) get the guy that have developed this sound and NOT the Lionstracs.

So...again, I will made a GOOD hardware and all this people the sounds. At this point, all the best sound available for the X-76, are made from the best musician of the world! How you like and HOW much sounds you like.

I think really that is the beast idea from a professional keyboard.
So, if you are interesting in this project ( you dont need to be a engineer) let know us what can you do.
Go in our webpage forum and post this proposal, sure you get a reply from our sound engineers and soon your sound may be inserted in the X-76.

waiting all yours reply...
Cheers
Domenik

#183289 - 11/18/03 12:01 PM Re: LIONSTRACS MEDIASTATION X-76...what you think?
trtjazz Offline

Domenik,
Sorry but I'm not following you to well here. If what you are saying is WE really have to come up with the good sounds for the Lion......you're going to have a real hard time selling this board to anyone, especially the arranger community, even if it was $500.00.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

[This message has been edited by trtjazz (edited 11-18-2003).]

#183290 - 11/18/03 12:08 PM Re: LIONSTRACS MEDIASTATION X-76...what you think?
trtjazz Offline

And while you are at putting better sounds in it...how about you lose the wheels on top and put a joystick in instead on the bottom left?
Thanks,
Terry

------------------
jam on,

#183291 - 11/18/03 12:29 PM Re: LIONSTRACS MEDIASTATION X-76...what you think?
parker Offline

Hi Terry,

Domencio is proposing a method for us to modify the existing Soundfont library. The existing library will have great sounds. To me, a musician, producer and engineer, this is an excellent offer. He's not saying we have to come up with our own sounds.

Domencio, if the best person to manage the sound library is me, then bring the hardware with when you come here. I'll organize a system for our community to submit sounds and manage the conversion and packaging.

Ron

Quote:
Originally posted by trtjazz:
Domenik,
Sorry but I'm not following you to well here. If what you are saying is WE really have to come up with the good sounds for the Lion......you're going to have a real hard time selling this board to anyone, especially the arranger community, even if it was $500.00.
Terry

#183292 - 11/18/03 12:30 PM Re: LIONSTRACS MEDIASTATION X-76...what you think?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Terry..
IF you read again what I said and I mean:: ONLY the best HQ sounds and after ONLY our testing/approval, will be added in our sound bank. Shitt sounds will be deleted after only listen the wave.

About the wheels at the top, I leave this wheels there why at the bottom, in the Opteron 64bit we add the Joystik, more 2 wheels and the keypad.
Tell me how much you will use the Mod. and Pitch wheels in all your performance. At bottom left, is better have the keypad and the joystik and NOT the Pitch bend/ Modulation.
Right now, I use this space for the USB trackball...more funny.

If I move the wheels at bottom and then people wan have the trackball, we fight again, why was better have reverse....

You dont must thinking always why all the other keyboards have the wheels on bottom, you must thinking that they NEVER may have a Trackball, keypad, optical mouse...
If you dont think so....mean that you depend always from your OLD boss....always what they say is right...
Look Apple what they say: think different...
Right?

Cheers

#183293 - 11/18/03 12:45 PM Re: LIONSTRACS MEDIASTATION X-76...what you think?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I use the Mod Wheels furiously in my performances for Sax Solos, Synth solos, and to toggle Leslie sounds on/off.

The MOD wheels on the left at the bottom of the keyboard is a MUST for me.

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#183294 - 11/18/03 12:55 PM Re: LIONSTRACS MEDIASTATION X-76...what you think?
Dnj Offline

Al,

I dont use the mod wheels much on stage for my music ....but I would love to hear a few demos of you using the wheels if possible can you post a few for us?

thanx

#183295 - 11/18/03 12:59 PM Re: LIONSTRACS MEDIASTATION X-76...what you think?
Anonymous
Unregistered

From the TOP at the BOTTOM, I have less THAN 4 inch...
Have really sense all this problem for only less than 4 inch???
Mean that you CAN'T move your hand up for 4 inch and then you can't play with the wheels??
Well...if these are all the bad stuff about the mediastation, then I'm happy!!
My big fear was know if maybe was not enough power, key's, memory size, HD, USB, 3 VGA, NO Internet, no Video, no Video conferencing....
But you right....the BIG wrong stuff in X-67 are the 2 wheels......2 long years developing for nothing...people don't want the 2 wheels at the top.....incredible...

#183296 - 11/18/03 06:47 PM Re: LIONSTRACS MEDIASTATION X-76...what you think?
trtjazz Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by domenik:
From the TOP at the BOTTOM, I have less THAN 4 inch...
Have really sense all this problem for only less than 4 inch???
Mean that you CAN'T move your hand up for 4 inch and then you can't play with the wheels??
Well...if these are all the bad stuff about the mediastation, then I'm happy!!
My big fear was know if maybe was not enough power, key's, memory size, HD, USB, 3 VGA, NO Internet, no Video, no Video conferencing....
But you right....the BIG wrong stuff in X-67 are the 2 wheels......2 long years developing for nothing...people don't want the 2 wheels at the top.....incredible...

domenik,
You might want to consider the input here as valuable rather than some sort of personal attack on your baby. This thread that you guys started says "what do you think?" We are telling you. If you are going to take a defensive position on everything as though we are trying to personally insult you (which we are not) we just won't say anything at all, then you guys can try and figure out why it isn't selling.

With the discussion of the wheels here, you're beginning to sound like the "old boss" to me. That's where the wheels are like it or not.
Terry

------------------
jam on,

#183297 - 11/19/03 04:59 AM Re: LIONSTRACS MEDIASTATION X-76...what you think?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Al,

I dont use the mod wheels much on stage for my music ....but I would love to hear a few demos of you using the wheels if possible can you post a few for us?

thanx

Why, don't you believe I use those tools?

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

Page 11 of 15 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online