SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 15 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15 >
Topic Options
#183248 - 10/17/03 12:25 PM Re: LIONSTRACS MEDIASTATION X-76...what you think?
Michael Weiny Offline

Could u PLEASE add a joystick type controller to the right of the keyboard? An open source keyboard deserves to have both wheels and a joystick.

#183249 - 10/17/03 12:26 PM Re: LIONSTRACS MEDIASTATION X-76...what you think?
Michael Weiny Offline

Sorry I meant left of the keyboard :-)

#183250 - 10/20/03 05:28 AM Re: LIONSTRACS MEDIASTATION X-76...what you think?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi friends
I take some pictures of Mediastation internal wiev: http://www.lionstracs.com/x76pcb/DSCN3632.JPG
http://www.lionstracs.com/x76pcb/DSCN3632.JPG

I have a lot too, but for here I think is enough.
Cheers
domenik

[This message has been edited by domenik (edited 10-20-2003).]

[This message has been edited by domenik (edited 10-20-2003).]

#183251 - 10/20/03 05:46 AM Re: LIONSTRACS MEDIASTATION X-76...what you think?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I'm sure I echo many other's opinions when I say "I wish you well" on this new adventure, and you were wise to put your "feelers" out at this site. We buy alot, and we influence many others.
With THAT said ....... to paraphrase Cuba Gooding Jr in Jerry Maguire:
"Show me the keyboard"\
Slow down on the hype, and put it in our hands. After the show, you can fluff your feathers and send out demos, but till then .... we need to see product, not hype.
I really do wish you much success in this giant endeavor. Many "Farrari" type companies have tried a hand in this market with little success. Tough to compete with Ford and GM in the real world .... even if you DO Make a superior product. I had a Sony Betamax vcr because it was better than VHS ... now I can't find a unit to play some of my cherished famiy home videos. Point taken?
Good luck.

#183252 - 11/06/03 03:56 PM Re: LIONSTRACS MEDIASTATION X-76...what you think?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi all guys...right now we have posted the new server with postnuke...Now just some patience that we add the others page with the demo files.
The new DNS is not ready to work with all provider..need some days...
Waiting from your registration and comments too...
Cheers

#183253 - 11/09/03 04:06 PM Re: LIONSTRACS MEDIASTATION X-76...what you think?
Jick Duck Offline

Loc: Brooklyn NY
I think that no joystick too the left is a major letdown.
Besides that, it might be a great product.

#183254 - 11/10/03 03:23 AM Re: LIONSTRACS MEDIASTATION X-76...what you think?
trtjazz Offline

While this all sounds very cool and being a person with a severe case of gear lust I am interested.

The thing that really concerns me is the Linux o/s. In the replies here there is a lot of "possibilities" mentioned with it. That however is not reality and availability.

Most of us here are not programmers and certainly not Linux programmers. To me much like Apples (Mac) they may be great computers, however when one goes looking for 3rd party software etc., it's pretty tuff to find anything compared to Windows available things. So while Windows does need improvement (running on the EKO) at least there are tons of programs and voices already available for it.

No offense but relying on the good intentions of companies with new visions does not translate to reality. I would certainly hate to wind up with a $6000.00 paper weight in my studio and that's what this will be if there is not sounds, styles and whatever else available in the aftermarket to run on Linux.

BTW: several of the links that were given here are no good to pictures etc. I hope the Liontracs works better than that.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#183255 - 11/10/03 04:28 AM Re: LIONSTRACS MEDIASTATION X-76...what you think?
trtjazz Offline

I would also add that at this price bracket, for me it will have to be a total integration of a workstation and arranger, as I paid less for my combination of Tyros and Motif ES8.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#183256 - 11/10/03 10:10 AM Re: LIONSTRACS MEDIASTATION X-76...what you think?
RicFreak Offline

Loc: Italy
Sorry for playing the parts of the devil's advocate, but I thik that things seems too easy here.

First of all, seems that Liontracs people forget that most of the keyboard player are not programmers, nor want they become programmers. So they better pay attention to this, or they will cut out a lot of potential customers.

Second, linux is both a pro and a con.
They already explained us why linux is a good choiche: it is simpler, it is more stable (much more stable) and it is open. Now let me try to explain why it isn't a good choiche.
Linux growth is big and fast, but available software is still not comparable with windows. Moreover, if I properly understood their messages, they will use a customized Red Hat version... well, if Liontracs will ever go out of businness, how many people in the world will be able to support this software? BTW the number of developers worldwide is much bigger for windows than for linux, and so are the development environments.
Another consideration: like it or not, Microsoft is a big company, that will last for many years from now, much more than any of us; I don't know what will happen with linux, and what will happen with a customized version of one of its dialects; but, if I have to bet, I'll bet on Microsoft!

Then, the price. 6000$ (well 5000$ + taxes) is a big amount. Too big! With those money in my pocket now, I'll run to buy both an arranger and a workstation, without regrets not doubts.
We all should remember that the project is young, so is the software. I will like to give to Liontracs people all the trust of the world, but who will pay 5000$ (+ taxes) for being their experimenter-debugger-developer (and, maybe, victim)? Because there will be a lot of bugs inside there, no doubts! They can be the best programmers of the world, but bugs will still be present for a while.

I don't know who give them the money to start the company, nor I know their marketing projections about earnings. So if their goal is to sell the board to professional players only, maybe their are on the right road. But if they planned to have a consumer market, they should cut down the price to a more affordable level (2000$ or less).
I can buy the new KORG arranger AND the new Yamaha Motif for that amount... should I say more?

[This message has been edited by RicFreak (edited 11-10-2003).]

#183257 - 11/10/03 11:42 AM Re: LIONSTRACS MEDIASTATION X-76...what you think?
lukitoh Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA, USA
I think the commenters have good point. Who will bet $5000 or more on a company they never had any experience ? Who will bet even $1000 ? Probably a risk taker type person or one that has lots of time and money to kill.

Unless you sell it at some place like Guitar Center that has like 30 days moneyback guarantee.

It will be a tough sell I bet.

Page 7 of 15 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online